Does anyone else have this problem?

by scumrat 12 Replies latest jw friends

• scumrat
    scumrat

It's been 7 years since our divorce was final and every now and then my ex-wife will call and tell what she's up to and how she's doing ect. ect. ( it's usually a tale of whoa ) Anyway I find it kind of hilarious. When we split, she told me about this great guy she met and how he was better than me, made more money than me ect. She'll usually carry on about herself in a manner as if she talked to me yesterday. She seems to have a need to inform me how she's doing. Does anyone else have this problem? Why is it so hard for people to move on?

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Some just want to maintain a friendship, nothing strange or odd about it. Then again, well, you have ask her.

Guest 77

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Some just want to maintain a friendship, nothing strange or odd about it. Then again, well, you have ask her.

Guest 77

• rocketman
    rocketman

Well, I don't have the problem, since I am still married and have been for a long time. But, it could be that perhaps Joe Wonderful was not as great as he first seemed. Or, she may still need to keep in touch out of some other need, maybe just to keep you in her life to some extent. It is good to hear that your situation does not seem to be one filled with the rancor so common between former spouses.

• Lost Diamond
    Lost Diamond

Take it as a compliment that she feels she could still communicate with you. You must have touched her in a special way during the 7 years you two were married to each other.

You were a part of her life story during the seven years you were married....that's a good chunk of time. It's not easy to just turn your back on time like that. Because she calls doesn't necessarily mean she has romantic feelings towards you. Maybe it's just nostalgia, or maybe you are just a good friend.....somebody she could talk to. She must not hate you. Even if she did meet Joe Wonderful, you were an important part of her life. You havn't asked her not to call, have you? Then she will keep calling if you allow her to.

If my Ex wouldn't detest me so much, I could easily carry a conversation with him. I don't hate him, but the problem is that the feeling isn't mutual. He hates that I divorced him. He can't even look me in the eye when he picks our kids up for his weekend with them. There are time I wish I could talk to him about everyday life.

You must be a very nice guy!!

• nita6368
    nita6368

Hi there Scumrat,

I have this very same problem with my ex, we also divorced 7 years ago. When he remarried , his wife was the best thing to happen to him or so he said. Now he will call out of the blue and want to tell me how bad things are with them. There is nothing I could care less about. I agree with you, it seems that even though they have chose their course they just can't move on.

• scumrat
    scumrat

The funny thing about it, is that I have no desire to call or talk to her. She did some pretty mean things when we split. If I happen to bump into her, of course I would be cordial. I don't mean any ill will toward her but she reminds me of where I was not where I am.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

My x girl does this all the damn time and its agravating as hell. She feels the need to regail me with everything that goes on in her life. How all these new people she is meeting are all better dancers and better friends and so on. Then she wonders why I dont want to hang out with her like I said I would after we broke up.

Kansas District Overbeer

• Lost Diamond
    Lost Diamond

scrumrat, pr capone,

OH, so you don't want them calling you and it's agravating as hell? Why don't you guys tell the ex's not to call? That should be simple enough.

• scumrat
    scumrat

Hey lost diamond, At this point, I can bare her calls. However if things turn sour, then I will tell her not to call.

Scumrat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit