One of the Dukes has stepped down......

by AFRIKANMAN 12 Replies latest jw friends

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

......from public life !

The Duke of Edinburgh, who is 95, will no longer carry out public engagements from the autumn of this year, Buckingham Palace has announced.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/04/buckingham-palace-summons-entire-royal-household-emergency-meeting/?WT.mc_id=tmgoff_fb_tmg

• cofty
    cofty

At 95 I think he deserves a break.

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/04/48-prince-philips-greatest-gaffes-funny-moments/?WT.mc_id=tmgoff_fb_tmg

"Yak, yak, yak; come on get a move on." (shouted from the deck of Britannia in Belize in 1994 to the Queen who was chatting to her hosts on the quayside).

"Do you still throw spears at each other?" (In Australia in 2002 talking to a successful aborigine entrepreneur).

"I would get arrested if I unzipped that dress." (to 25-year-old council worker Hannah Jackson, who was wearing a dress with a zip running the length of its front, on a Jubilee visit to Bromley, Kent, in May 2012

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

He always has been, and always will be, a gigantic PRICK. The above quotes from AFRIKANMAN are just but a small sample of how this backwards, inbred, holier-than-thou douche thinks and feels. He's still stuck in the year he was born, and it shows. If they would all croak at one time leaving William & Harry to rule, the Monarchy would be much better off. Modern, progressive, young.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Membership has its privileges ...

• freddo
    freddo

I think the guy is hilarious.

• cofty
    cofty

WingCommander you are a buffoon.

Prince Philip's public service over many decades has been outstanding. His Duke of Edinburgh scheme has helped tens of thousands of young people. He is actively involved in hundreds of charities and in all those years has remained self-effacing and modest.

His outspoken style is refreshing. To still be fulfilling hundreds of public functions at 95 years of age is immense.

• cofty
    cofty

At the garden party, 2015, to a the female guest, wearing a scarlet dress, comedy stop, double take, followed by:
    'Good god woman, you've come dressed as a bishop!

Genius!

• Simon
    Simon
    "Yak, yak, yak; come on get a move on." (shouted from the deck of Britannia in Belize in 1994 to the Queen who was chatting to her hosts on the quayside).

OMG, hold the press: "man impatient as wife chats". King and Queen just like every other couple.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    One of the Dukes has stepped down......

Bo or Luke???

Image result for dukes of hazzard

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit