Anyone remember this??

by Fire Dragon 17 Replies latest social current

• TheStar
    TheStar

Ok I'm sure Fire feels bad enough about jumping the gun and posting this... Let's give her a break....

Though I will say Fire, you need to learn to suck it up and admit when you are wrong.

Come on... you can do it...

Love ya girlie,

Star

Edited to include: Six you crack me up... "I'm trying to go figure"... hehehe

• Fire Dragon
    Fire Dragon

Sorry for the delay.....I am just seeing all of this today (3-26-03).

Okay, here I am, sucking it up: I WAS WRONG!!!!

My sincerest apologies for posting something that I believed to be true without any proof. I took my friends' word for it that it was true. I thought she had gotten it from a reputable source. Of course, not even our newspapers are entirely reputable.

(I should go call the UN now. I took everyone else's word for it that the WTS was really a member.) j/k

Your ever lovably wrong,
    Fire Dragon

• TheStar
    TheStar

(((((((((((((((((((((((((Fire))))))))))))))))))))

Lesson learned now don't be sourpuss... hehe

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

this has been debunked as an urban legend several times!

CHECK YOUR SOURCE before you pass off this **it

• Fire Dragon
    Fire Dragon

Pistoff, I apologized. What more do you want?

FD

• Mulan
    Mulan

In 1998 I was at a seminar in Salt Lake City. The guest speaker was Senator Orrin Hatch of Utah. During the question and answer session, many in attendance were asking him questions about Monica Lewinsky, (the hot news of the day that year) and he passed them off, as insignificant, saying "We have a much greater threat to our homeland, and his name is Osama Bin Laden, the most profoundly evil man alive. This is a man you should be aware of and remember his name."

I had never heard of him, but I never forgot it. When he started cropping up in the news all the time, I remembered Senator Hatch's speech.

• Fire Dragon
    Fire Dragon

Good for you, Mulan!! I'm glad someone has had a firsthand experience.

Fire Dragon

• Fire Dragon
    Fire Dragon

I've been trying to post this in the original post but I keep getting an error. So, I'll put it here.

(Hind-sight is 20/20.....I apologize to everyone on the forum for this post. I apologize for forgetting to put quotes around it as it isn't a firsthand account but just a copy/paste of an email. I apologize for not double checking my source. I apologize for not checking urban legends before posting. I apologize for the "idiot" patriotic comment. I apologize for being a "liar." And if it wasn't for the fact that anyone new reading this wouldn't know what I was talking about, I'd delete the whole d**n thing.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit