How would you get a hold of your own Introduction Letter

by Foolednomore 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

I'm sure there is some unflattering things mentioned in my family 's introduction letter. How would one get a copy of it? I'm sure law suits will happen.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

What is your jurisdiction? In most places you can’t get a copy of private communications between business entities. You may be able to get it destroyed, but read it is far out.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I wonder if they destroy all intro letters after 5 years ( as I gathered somewhere along the way) then they would just have the overlapping one ( haha ) to pass on. Personally I don't think it is justice that there are letters passed around about you and you aren't allowed to know what it is. ( but what leg do you have to stand on it you agreed to the oath you took if baptized after 1985? One brother I knew of later became secretary in a new congregation and read the horrid things written about him.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

Enough is enough- what did this person do after he read all the things about him.

I was baptized pre 1985 under false pretenses and was forced in to it as a minor. Which anyone with a first year law degree can argue is very illegal and unethical to say the least. And as a minor underage to boot. There was more questions that where not allowed to ask or talk about.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

foolednomore...I don't know what he did if anything...quite a few years had passed. (I know what I would have done -they would have something else to report about!) I do know one of the brothers who had part in writing the letter was always picking on the brother the letter was about. I worked with the elders wife and the elder brother worked with the brother who moved away. The wife was always telling me : J had to staighten Je out again today! ( poor Je was not up to par!)

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

Enough is enough- when I was in there was alot of favoritism. Brothers giving green handshakes to the higher ups for favors. My father was a vp for an oil company when we lived in the states and the brothers went to my father for money. My father got fed up with it and started to tell them no. Well, no more part of the 'good Ol boy' network. Same thing happened when we returned to Italy. Brothers would show up wanting money, we would say no. Would not look at our spiritual produce more of our bank ledger.

• Douche101
    Douche101

Policy these days is to delete it after 12 months, unless it includes any deletion of MS or Elder info

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

It would be almost impossible to get your intro letter if you are a publisher. Most of those letters are boilerplate unless you have been disfellowshipped, on "restrictions", a child molester or someone is "out to get you". Frequently an elder with an agenda simply makes a phone call to the new hall.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough
    "an elder with an agenda simply makes a phone call to the new hall. I knew of a couple who moved to a different hall, but they were "hounded" there. I also know of ones not moving, but the elder/s with an agenda got brothers from other halls to try to entrap those with whom there was an agenda.
  • Aleph
    Aleph

Is there any material referral in their literature about an "agenda" ?
    It s just against the bible....isn't it ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit