Comments You Will Not Hear at the 3-23-03 WT Study

by blondie 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• hurt
    hurt

Did anyone see what the Society now says bearing fruit means?

FRUITFUL BY SPREADING KINGDOM SEED

What fruit? Well, after a wheat stalk sprouts and matures, it produces as fruit, not little wheat stalks, but new seed. Likewise, a Christian produces as fruit, not necessarily new disciples, but new Kingdom seed.

Therefore, the fruitage in this case is neither new disciples nor fine Christian qualities. Since the seed that is sown is the word of the Kingdom (WTS doctrine), the fruitage must be a manyfold duplication of that seed.

I think these extracts are from paragraphs 10 and 11, I'll check to be sure. But could anyone explain what the Society is straining to say here? What is the SEED, and what is the FRUIT, or in Watchtower terminology, the FRUITAGE?? I'm at a loss. The Writer rigmaroles from seed to fruit and says the fruit is the seed or some nonsense like that. The analogy collapses like a house of cards when you notice that it says new seed cannot be produced unless it falls on "good soil", which negates the objective of comforting people working in so-called unfruitful territories. What were the guys in Writing thinking? And those GB members who sign on the articles, didn't they think one of 6 million dubs would notice this nonsense?

• Room 215
    Room 215

Hurt, what's the old cliche about great minds thinking alike? Speaking of thinking, I'd love to know what the editors who approved this claptrap for publication were thinking; they of course know they can count on a boundless reservoir of credulity from the rank and file, who chalk up their incomprehension to some ``spiritual deficiency" and hold the writers of this drivel in awe.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Hurt, what's the old cliche about great minds thinking alike? Speaking of thinking, I'd love to know what the editors who approved this claptrap for publication were thinking; they of course know they can count on a boundless reservoir of credulity from the rank and file, who chalk up their incomprehension to some ``spiritual deficiency" and hold the writers of this drivel in awe.

• blondie
    blondie
    I defy anyone to make sense at the tortured prose attempting to equate ``seed" with ``fruit" (in the case of what, isn't the ``seed" the edible portion, or ``fruit' of that particular plant?).

Room 215, my question is how can you produce seed without producing a plant (the disciple) who then also preaches the Kingdom message (the seed)? It is an attempt to explain the lack of disciples in many countries, Japan's increase has been 0 percent for the last few years. As I explained, the numbers baptzied in the US is dropping significantly and JWs can see it. I expected the WTS to say "the love of the greater number as cooled off."

hurt, even if they notice, it is not spiritually safe to say anything negative. As Room 215 says, the elders will tell you it is too deep for the ordinary JW to understand.

Blondie

• hurt
    hurt

Room, blondie...

y'see, I got to the meeting cos they've been after me all this while. The CO's coming sometime next month, or the month after,a nd they're trying to keep the house in order, and I have somethings to put in order too. So I got the mag, this three-piece stuff. I managed to miss the 2nd article, cos they're talking about me being weak and all that. So, this article, after parag 9, I thought something grand was coming. And the Writer kept going round and round, and the brothers and sisters, my, intelligent people, were answering those questions. I thought I'd missed something, but then this isn't years ago. Years ago, I'd have assumed there was some Spiritual Truth hidden somewhere and that I was thinking too earthly. So they were explaining this nonsense about seed being the fruit and all that. And they were saying it didn't matter where the seed fell, that the fruit was neither new disciples nor Christian qualities, but more fruit. Vital question: how do you produce more fruit if planted seed doesn't fall on "good soil". no one's askingthat question. And the amazing thing is the guys in Writing knew JWs will swallow it all. I miss my old congregation. There's this very brilliant brother there. He conducts the Watchtower. But I trust him. Whenever such nonsense appears, he would look surprised from the platform and say: uhmm, uhmmm, to whatever anyone who strained to explain such stuff said. The boys in Writing are sinking to deeper depths. They're playing gymnastics with scripture, but they're falling flat on their backs all the time. Why they would give apostates this kind of ammunition I wouldn't understand. And all the JW drones, nodding like robots to nonsense....

• hurt
    hurt

Another matter in that weird article...

They gave the number of those getting baptised weekly as about 5,000. when did it becomethat bad? Only about 250,000 per year for the billionhours spent in feet shufflingin field service? and it's bad statistics by bible standards. In Jesus' days, they would count only the men. so, how many of the 5,000 weekly new are women and children? How many are children of Jehovah's Witnesses. I remember those words from the Revelation Book: their waters are drying up...

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

hurt wrote:

They gave the number of those getting baptised weekly as about 5,000. when did it becomethat bad?

How many impressionable/controlled teens are there in the org? Methinks about 5,000 per week.

Pistoff

• crownboy
    crownboy

You beat me to the punch Pistoff . Those numbers obviously contain a proponderant amount of Witness kids, and very few of those people came in via the "traditional" house to house crap.

blondie I was thinking the same thing that you were; namely that the new seed is produced by new plants (i.e.: new converts). The only way this analogy could work is if it were the same plant growing over and over again. OMG, the JW's now believe in reincarnation! Now that's some real heavy duty new light.

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, crownboy, it is so obvious but I'm sure it went over everyone's head at the WT study. How can you have seeds without plants.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit