Anyone know what happened to John Joseph May, the Irish Elder who visited Ray Franz and the GB turned away?

by Diogenesister 6 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Does anyone know what eventually happened to the vocal and well loved Irish Elder John Joseph May, who found out about the Franz scandal and went to visit the GB in New York, but was turned away? I remember there was a documentary made about himself and Martin Merryman. All this happened back in the 80s/90s so he must be getting up in years by now.

He seemed such a genuine soul I truly hope things turned out well for him.

https://youtu.be/dnwsQ2pdbxk

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

I saw this video and I remember that maggot gb member I think it was Schroeder not sure, but the message that came back was for them to put their questions in writing.

What pompous prick when these men traveled from Ireland. I'm glad they were able to save many other members when they got back and related their mistreatment. It showed the gb for what they truly were and continue to be. Excrement. Pure excrement.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

I saw this video and I remember that maggot gb member I think it was Schroeder not sure, but the message that came back was for them to put their questions in writing.

What pompous prick when these men traveled from Ireland. I'm glad they were able to save many other members when they got back and related their mistreatment. It showed the gb for what they truly were and continue to be. Excrement. Pure excrement.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

He might have been a nice guy but anyone who speaks in religious absolutes is a danger to others and themselves. It seems to be a symptom of fundamentalism.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Hi Tenacious, excrement is too good a word for the G.B.

Excrement is the result of nutritious, sustaining food and is a natural, healthy process.

Nothing the GB does is sustaining, natural, or healthy.

They are JW.org Pharisees - men who knowingly subvert & exploit millions of sincere people for the benefit of a multi-billion dollar corporation.

JW's are now able to see behind the G.B.'s & WTBTS's curtains. The cult's best days are over! :)

• dozy
    dozy

There is another video interview here....

https://youtu.be/JwigZN6OOMc

Ray Franz talks about this incident in one of his books. The Society also mentions it in the Yearbook ( albeit in a very biased , dishonest , one sided way. )

Given that the events took place in the early 80's , the guys will probably be well into their 80's now. Hope they are OK. Brave , courageous men.

• Gorbatchov

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit