Kingdom Hall feels uncomfortably hot lately

by StarTrekAngel 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

I started noticing a change at the KH. For the past couple of weeks, the place feels quiet warm. Personally I have to take my coat off as soon as I walk in. Wife has mentioned it as well. Most sisters and brothers can be seen using WT mags as fans.

It used to be that the AC will be running overtime for most meetings. Even getting to be a bit chili. Now the AC does not seem to be on until the speaker steps on the platform. By the time the place is finally coming to a pleasant temperature, the meeting is almost over.

Seems to me the this change coincided with either the last CO visit or the last broadcast, where they speak of money shortages. May be now that the cong is supposed to send all the surplus money out, they are demanding cuts in the KH expenses.

Anyone with a similar experience?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    you're not alone. A/C uses a lot of power. They are becoming more and more frugal all the time when it comes to using money. All excess money is sent to WBTS, I'm sure your situation is not isolated.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

You must Sacrifice for the truth's sake, even if it kills you.

The law of sacrifice is a celestial law or maybe a Pharisees law (GB).

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its because Satan is drawing closer to the Congregation, so best be aware.

When the air conditioning goes completely off, that will be the sign of the start of the GT .

• sir82
    sir82

Sounds like Sister COBE-Wife finally managed to convince hubby that she is always so F$%^&%% cold in the Kingdom Hall and can't he do anything about it?

I doubt it i s anything more sinister than that.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

You would think the a/c would be as cold as possible, a lot of elderly

women, menopause. When my mom had her moments of menopause

she thought she was pregnant, my dad caught hell and I wasn't too

happy, hell I was 40 years old.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard
    I wonder if they are going to have problems with the dump being freezing cold when winter comes. In parts of the northern hemisphere, it is already getting cold enough to run the heat, and I hope they do the same thing with the heat. And I hope people start not going to boasting sessions, or donating anything at all. And I hope they take it too far, the water pipes freeze, and the buildings all get ruined. With zero donations to repair any of them.
  • DwainBowman
    DwainBowman
    The kh I am stuck in has the ac set on blizzard! I love it! I carry a jacket to meeting's but never it, not even in the winter. My wife is beyond cold natured, and wraps up well to try and stay warm! The new co comes in soon, I'll let you know if the inside weather makes a sudden change!
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

Most K.Halls built in the U.K in the last 20/25 years have been reliant on A.C, as what windows there are (and some have none !) do not get used to ventilate.

The air should be changed in such a building at least eight times an hour during Meetings, to be healthy, if your Congo. is not using its A.C I would say you have a breeding ground for infections. All JW's with children or elderly relatives attending should give serious consideration to this.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack
    My wife has already mentioned (we are in Poland) that she had to wear her coat recently at the meetings. I'll ask her when she gets back (CO visit this week - should be normal temps) and also ask if they had any 'interesting' letters read from the platform about world wide rifs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit