Secret memo to Circuit Overseers "former child abuser" who was elder\MS moved to another congregation

by BottleGate_ 27 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• BottleGate_
    BottleGate_
    In 1998, #watchtower mailed a secret memo to all Circuit Overseers in which it was announced that when a "former child abuser" who was also an elder or MS moved to another congregation, the new congregation would **not** be informed of his past sins. Read: INSTITUTIONAL COVER-UP! https://twitter.com/Mark_J_ODonnell/status/1209556534944026624
  • neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

What?! This is kind of huge, a smoking gun. How did this never leak before?

• millie210
    millie210

Interesting that IF the molester is an appointed servant and some years have passed since the "incident" then he gets a free pass and the record doesnt follow him.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

The "shepherding the flock" book has these instructions too .I have read it in there somewhere. I will see if I can find it.

Zing

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Chapter 8 page 47 of the Shear/Fleece the Flock book says it.

Zing

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This instruction or directive obviously has been applied to men who were not positioned as elders as well.

The Candace Conti situation comes to mind.

The elders of the Hall where the perpetrator who attack Candace came from, gave a letter about this "Brother" to the new location Hall, with no mention of the man being accused and charged with pedophilia, in a matter fact the elders wrote that the man was actually good with children.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPcYn4AiwQE

• Biahi
    Biahi

Since when do child molesters stop molesting? I don’t think they just stop. They just try to not get caught.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The problem is there is a high probable occurrence of sexaul pedophiles re-offending ,that's why after they've served time in jail they usually have restrictions placed onto them concerning being with children alone in public or in private environments.

This would include churches and schools.

• flipper
    flipper

This situation makes me so angry. I've got two daughters in this abhorrent cult still. And one of my daughters has two sons, my grandsons who I am not allowed to spend time with due to my disagreeing with WT Society child abuse policies, so I'm perceived as a bigger threat than their twisted child abusers inside the cult.

After watching the Candace Conti video I'm getting tempted very soon after years of shunning by my older daughter who asked me " why I turned my back on Jehovah " - to tell her the reasons I left the organization 17 years ago and send her the Candace Conti video. I mean, hell- what's she gonna do ? Shun me ? She already has been doing that for years. I feel my responsibility to warn her on behalf of my grandsons takes priority over any negativity I get in feedback from JW relatives . I know she probably won't listen, but I'd feel I was derelict in my duty as a grandparent to remain silent. Any thoughts on this ?

Great thread by the way, appreciate you posting this. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

The 3 page letter for download.

Atlantis!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit