JWD's thought free zones and idiots

by unclebruce 18 Replies latest social current

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

The Mark of the Idiot Beasts

A few here, like Trauma Hound are stressing out about the idiots, fools and internet cowards who hit and run thier posts. Well get used to it boys and girls the internet is as crazy as all get on. We all make mistakes and say silly things that we later regret but that doesn't make you an idiot. I have no personal axe to grind on this so don't think i'm necessarily talking about you (but if the insult fits, wear it! :) I say some ignorant things on this world circling machine at times (the way i formulate sentences positively frightens some people lol)

Most of you reading this are wonderful warmhearted people and some idiots are good people too. (i.e; "road to hell paved with good intentions" types) Don't fret - if you are readfing this and worrying that you might be an idiot, then it's most unlikely you are one (most idiots have trouble self-assessing) You'll have no trouble identifying your true idiot. Idiots rarely have anything original or interesting to say - ....... even their insults are stolen from the pop culture box.

idiots are like a fart filled balloon .. There's a BANG! ... you respond PHEEWEEE!!!! ... and ..they fly off to all parts of the room .repeating themselves as they go .......

I have long given up trying to educate and reason with idiots in the science of valid reasoning and deductive argument. The typical conversation with an idiot goes something like this:

unclebruce: - makes a well reasoned point, verifyable statement or whatever .. (albeit it with a south australian bent )

idiot: UNCLEBRUCE YOU CLUELESS KOOKY BUCKET OF SHIT!!! ... ANYWAY THAT CAN'T BE RIGHT BECAUSE PROFESSOR GW BUSH DOESN'T SAY IT THAT WAY ON TV!!! blah blah blah!!!!!!!!!!

unclebruce: (mmm .. this nut might have a sense of humour .. ) I love you too sweetheart (now let's see if the idiot has anything in its cranial cavity) ... more premise given in support of a valid conclusion.

idiot: WELL I BETTER SAY IT LOUDER THEN!!!! BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!!!!!!

unclebruce: (mmm .. time to put the blow torch to the idiots belly) the big guns of the argument are then fired full broadside, sinking what slim chance the idiot ever had of causing any more than a ripple in the fabric of ideas we call insight and understanding.

it's at about this time that idiot proves itself a true coward by disappearing up his own incendary arse or something .. Some particularly nasty idiots will even start a backstabbing email campaign against you.

So never lose heart folks, even the best and bravest of us get all hot and bothered by the slings and arrows of internet idiots. How you handle one is entirely up to you, but i think hitting back hard is much more friendly than letting the idiot think it has you sulking or something.

bye folks, just wanted to vent ... unclebruce (who could write for weeks about the bastards he has met :)

ps: any of you still talking to me?

===

Trauma Hound: America is a great country and great countries can withstand critisism and close examination .. cheers.

edit spelling ... edit more bad spelling ... edit more .. (i just gotta get my eyes checked

• nilfun
    nilfun

Unclebruce, vent away... I hope that any idiot's efforts (backstabbing email campaigns ) don't have a chilling effect on your posting here. What a dull place this would be if we all lined up like good little duckies and never differed in our opinions...or weren't willing to consider that a long cherished belief might not really hold water...

Take care

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

nicely put nilfin,

Difference of opinion and diversity is a wonderful thing and, for me, this sites greatest attraction. I'm not having a go at free expression of cherished beliefs or the normal flood of emotions we expressed here or anything like that. This place is a constant roller coaster ride of emotion (gulf wars and things don't help)

What I am addressing are people who hurt and run. People who never say sorry. People who don't forgive and forget. As well as the sociopaths who actually get off on the hurt they cause. Classic examples include: (nah better not .. i'll get banned again lol)

this definition (of mine) might help: (i don't wanna be misunderstood lol)

idiot: someone who values retoric over substance (truth, soundness and strength of argument mean nothing to a true idiot.)

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Lucky Lucy? LOL, well said UncleBruce.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Good thoughts, Bruce, but hardly restricted to just one side of an issue.

id·i·ot ( ¹ d “¶ - … t) n. 1. A foolish or stupid person. 2. A person of profound mental retardation having a mental age below three years and generally being unable to learn connected speech or guard against common dangers. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive. (American Heritage Dictionary)

Now, if you consulted a thesaurus, you could make it more colorful and not be restricted to simply one word,

1. (n.) A person lacking in good sense:

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

I was using idiot as a title word oh educated one. An easy mistake for any yank to make - i'm kinda writing my own dictionary of definitions dakota (no one else arround here seems to speak like i do

cheers, unclebruce

ps: what's a theosorearse?

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Oops, for some reason, the rest of it didn't copy and post off of microsoft word. Here is the rest;

1. (n.) A person lacking in good sense:

• fool

• ass

• donkey

• dope (US, slang)

• goose

• boob (colloquial)

• blockhead

• dimwit (colloquial)

• dullard

• dummy (colloquial)

• bonehead (colloquial)

• imbecile

• ding-a-ling (colloquial)

• dingbat (US)

• clod

• clodhopper

• jackass

• jerk (chiefly US, slang)

• loon

• mooncalf

• moron (colloquial)

• nincompoop

• ninny

• nit (British, colloquial)

• nitwit (colloquial)

• schmo

• schmuck

• simple

• tomfool

• turkey

• twit (British)

• genius (antonym)

• expert (antonym)

• master (antonym)

• sage (antonym)

2. (n.) A mentally deficient person:

• half-wit

• cretin

• feeble-minded person

• moron

• mental defective

• dullard

• imbecile (archaic)

• mentally retarded person

• simpleton (archaic)

ps: what's a theosorearse?

the·sau·rus

(th ¹ -sôr "… s) n., pl. the·sau·ri (-sôr "º" ) or the·sau·rus·es . 1. A book of synonyms, often including related and contrasting words and antonyms. 2. A book of selected words or concepts, such as a specialized vocabulary of a particular field, as of medicine or music.

Not always good reading, but it sure adds color to the vocabulary

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

not very original though dakota

unc who writes his own insults

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

LOL, Bruce. Originality counts a lot, but color is useful too.

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Is it closed minded to be so smug and sure of your own opinion that you do not allow for the possibility of a dissenting view? Isn't it intolarance when dissenting views are viewed universally as idiocy? I realize that there do exist true idiots who are on both sides of certain issues discussed on this board however and I do not wish to defent their actions, but not all veiwpoints on either side are experessed so ineloquently. I would hope that the purpouse of our discussions with each other is not to come to an agreement or a consensus, but a tolerance for people being allowed to have their point of view and a mutual respect for those who can express themselves without lowering themselves to common mudslinger. I think we all have a lot to learn from each other this way and it truly helps us to further explore our own humanity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit