More similarities with North Korea

by neat blue dog 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Other posts have mentioned the similarities between JWs and N. Korea with regards to uniformity of dress and grooming, backlash for criticism and being hard to escape. Just thought I'd add a couple more, thanks to quotes from David Mikkelson and John Delury, a N. Korea analyst at Yonsei University in Seoul, S. Korea:

North Korea is notorious for a lack of transparency
    The regime is incredibly image-conscious. It choreographs everything, especially when it comes to the leader.

• sir82
    sir82

Both demonize their opponents.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Yes they do. I guess that falls under "backlash for criticism".

Another similarity I can think of is gushing about themselves. Positivity ad nauseum, with little if any objectivity.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Another difference is the leadership of the WTS is made up of 7 men; the leadership of North Korea is made up of just one man.

I hope he doesn't feel too ronery.

• Chook
    Chook

North Korea's fat boy fed 7 generals in an arena to 300 starving German Shepards, Big TonyMorris is going to use the birds if mid heaven to eat all you apostates on this forum. It's a bird ,no it's a plane, no it's Big Tony with wings.

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

Perhaps this should be titled: similarities to our perception of North Korea. We only get to hear of North Korea though our mainstream media outlets. You know, the same ones who have lied repeatedly regarding the condition of Hilery Clinton. The same msm that reported that Russia had been banned from the Olympics for "state sponsored doping," yet, in the last few days, there have been leaked reports proving such people as the Williams sisters (incidentally professed JW's) and other western athletes have been taking drugs. Oh but this is met with anger by the msm!

Sorry, but I choose not to believe anything that our western mainstream media says, as most of it amounts to propagandist fluff!

• nonjwspouse
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Like the GB, I suspect Kim Jong Il knows his ideology is wrong, but believes it's "true" at the same time.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The "JW Org is like North Korea" claim may be a bit OTT, but by how much ?

The rigid control, by the JW Org, of Information, Emotions, Thoughts and therefore lack of awareness of the outside world are almost exact parallels.

One gets the feeling that the G.B don't go further down the N. K road only because they are restrained by Law and public opinion.

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

With reference to Wikipedia. Try and edit anything to do with the watchtower. See how fast this will be removed. I'm sorry to say, although a very good source for information, Wikipedia can also fall into the propaganda trap.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit