When you Go to Bethel, You Sign Over Your Dead Body.

by new boy 23 Replies latest jw friends

• new boy
    new boy

Jeff who studied with James before he went to Bethel, told me that James got no grave stone or maker,

They said that Jah would remember him and that's all that matters.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    How bizzar I didn't know there was such a form, and it wasn't policy to mark the graves. I'm surprised legally they can get away with now though ( that's with reference to no head stone.
  • Lost and adrift
    Lost and adrift

That reminds me of when my granny died when I was little my mum told me the cemetery didn't alow headstones so she couldn't have one. ...

When I grew up I rang to ask the cemetery why they didn't allow headstone and I think the girl tried not to laugh.....of course they allow them. ...

I'm guessin that mum fell somewhere between being a good JW who shouldn't worry abut headstonea because God will remember her mother and basicly basicly not wanting to waste money on one for us kids to visit the grave. ...

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    cangie: Thank you once again, Orphan Crow...

You are most welcome, cangie.

I am still trying to figure out why the WTS would want the Bethelites' bodies. I can understand the no headstones thing - headstones cost money. But...why wouldn't Bethel want to release bodies to family instead of keeping them??? Wouldn't a burial mean that Bethel picks up the tab instead of the family? Isn't that somewhat out of character for the WTS?

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Oh...just thought of something...maybe this is it...

Property held as a cemetery is tax exempt. Maybe the WTS needs bodies to keep their cemetery property tax free.

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome
    Soylent Green is Bethelites 😱
  • OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

Can't remember the dude's name, but he was 20, fresh at Wallkill, and jumped off the "E" building, on the pool/concrete/longest drop side. June 1987, if I remember correctly.

He's buried at the "launching pad", the Wallkill Cemetery.

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome
    Why in the world would a parent agree to have their child hidden away in an unmarked grave. Talk about loss of natural affection! Wonder what they would or legally could do if a family requested a decent respectful burial in a family plot.
  • Listener
    Listener
    It's really creepy that they want ownership and rights over a persons dead body.
  • Watchtower-Free

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit