Printing Company to Video Production Company - Insider Information

by thedepressedsoul 53 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cappytan
    cappytan
    How do they make money off it? I'm guessing there's no outside advertising doing commercials and such...

Running your own video production company is much MUCH cheaper than running your own printing presses.

The equipment is expensive. But not as expensive as an offset press, I'd imagine.

So, for them to transition from print (which they weren't charging for) to video, it would be a wise move, financially speaking.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

They should totally move their headquarters to Hollywood. That's where all the resources are! There could be a whole bevy of JW movie stars. Sort of like Bollywood stars, in a genre all their own..... Bethellywood!

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    have a 'sugguested' donation and then set it up lovingly so the friends can have an autodebit at the same time every month. They could easily get away with that
  • Calebs Airplane
  • the comet
    the comet
    "The audio visual department is Jehovah's printing press for the 21st century." -quote from a bethelite that works in the audio/visual department. He made it seem like a higher up told him this.
  • cognac
    cognac
    Cappy - so, by implementing this it will just make their expenses lower? Their stream of income would still stay the same, right?
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    The Borg really is morphing from a big printing company to a video company. They have to survive in the information age. They realize that people can just get the information with electronic devices. Also the fact that it costs them a lot less overhead.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Morpheus...

Damn, I'd sure be happified.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

This is interesting, since - arguably - the WTS got the original ball rolling with the "Photo Drama" movie and their old radio station, but ultimately abandoned those kinds of media so as to distance themselves from the rest of Evangelical America.

Full circle.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    has anyone else heard that Tony Morris is sick? I have been told by two bethelites they have heard he was, and he looked terrible on his latest morning worship.

No doubt with all those curses being pronounced on him by people who know he's full of shit and a real asshole it finally is effecting his health. My prediction is he will die and not live to see armegeddon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit