How come the old boys on the GB don't get kicked out at 70?

by eyeslice 13 Replies latest jw friends

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

It would appear that Circuit Overseers (no DOs these days I guess) are taken off at 70 years old. Even older ones in Bethels are disposed (sorry 're-assigned to the field) of before they get too past it.

How come though the old boys on the GB aren't shown the door at 70 and replaced by younger men - obviously of the recently anointed type? They don't look a particularly fit bunch so they can't claim special mightiness because of doing 'the Lord's work'. (unlike the Biblical Joshua who said at 85 he was as strong as he was 40 years earlier).

Seems like one rule for some and a different one for another.

I heard that one CO in UK kicked up a fuss about being put out to grass with no pension but don't know what became of him.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

No one to kick them out , Is there?

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

When you are at the top, who would do the kicking. That would be called a coup.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Similarly how come the judges of the Supreme Court of the USA don't get kicked out at age 70 or for any other reason? The answer is similar to why the governing body members don't get kicked out of the WT/JW religion due to old age. Furthermore, the USA federal Constitution protects the USA Supreme Court judges from being removed from office.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Good question, eyeslice, but I agree with wannaexit

• Ding
    Ding

The GB are above the rules they apply to everyone else.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

If Gluttony is a sin, why are the Governing Bozo's morbidly obese???

They must be gorging on more than the "fine spiritual banquet", aye?

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

'' Brothers, we're all getting old, gaining loads of weight and have many health problems...Anthony, we notice you loose your sense of direction, and have a hard time breathing while dispensing ''spiritual food.'' If we don't watch out for each other, who will? We need to stay on this gravy train as long as possible. I have a proposal that we can all agree on. Let us throw everyone out the door at 70 years old. They became useless a long time ago. Let's re-assign dead weight. Since, we the ''Governing Body'' make all the rules, we stay on these Warwick grounds until our last breath. I'm sure we don't need a vote on my proposal!''

• fulano
    fulano

Because they are above all rules. Even their laundry is washed separately by special assigned brothers. And a lot of times get their lunch at their rooms served.

• St George of England
    St George of England

There is a new article on their website, aimed at youngsters but just what they need:-

How Can I Lose Weight? | Young People Ask (jw.org)

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit