Am I imagining this cover or what?

by carla 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• carla
    carla

I am trying to remember a cover of a wt or awake that had a picture of a priest or maybe even the Pope. I think the issue came out in the height of the Catholic sexual abuse cases and being disappointed in your religion or something like that.

I have searched this site and Google images but not be using the correct key words.

The reason I am looking for it is because should it come up that jw's are being persecuted due to all the recent publicity I would like to ask a jw if the wt and the mainstream media were 'persecuting' the Catholic church when they were uncovering wrongdoing in that religion or any other. Would that be a valid question for a jw? I think it is, why should it be any different be it the Catholic church, jw's, Lutheran, Baptist, etc... exposing crime should not depend upon denomination.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

Maybe this one:

WT May 1, 2012

Religion and Politics—Should They Mix?

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

Or this Awake January 2011:

Page 2:

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

Wasn't there one that had a warm orange gold cover with a priest with the big hat on? But if it was years ago, I probably have it wrong since it is only in the last 10 or so years that they've had more color saturated covers.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

There's orange and some priest paraphernalia on page 31 of Awake 1993, April 8th, and article about the Catholic child abuse issue. Hypocrite fucks.

• carla
    carla

Thank you all!

days of future passed, yes, that is my fuzzy recollection too. I may have the topic of the rag completely wrong. I remember seeing that cover long ago and even then thinking they had some nerve to be pointing the finger at the Catholics when they had their own sexual abuse cover ups going on.

• AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

How about these?

• cha ching
    cha ching

Anders Anderson... Thanks for posting that damning evidence against the WT.

WT has a LOT of nerve condemning others. It's ok for THEM to call the Catholics hypocrites, and expose their pedophilia, but if ANY one says ANY thing about THEM (the WT)...

It's all 'hateful, stinking, rotten, apostate lies, not to be believed'

Funny how similar the victims of the Catholic church and Jehovah's Witnesses are:

"Each one tried to seek justice "within the pastoral context of the church." NCR concludes: Survivors go to the courts, it appears, not as a first resort, but as a last resort."

Does that sound familiar?

• 4thgen
    4thgen

I remember going door to door with this as an offering. I felt so confident and superior that we were so much better than the pagan Catholics. What an idiot was back then.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

Interesting how they are all orange/brown covers. Is there a color code for subjects in WT land? Orange was used in the fast food business

Orange makes people feel happy and cheerful. It's also excellent for establishments that serve desserts or unhealthy food because it makes people content and less likely to feel guilty for eating poorly.

Haha I liked this explanation the best.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit