What TV station were you watching when the first plane struck?

by Pleasuredome 14 Replies latest social current

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

this picture was famously portrayed in the media as 'the moment bush knew', as the media around the world told us, from White House statements, that Bush heard of the twin tower attacks when his chief of staff, Andrew Card, spoke in his ear in the classroom as he addressed the children.

on december 4th 2001, CNN were broadcasting live coverage of a "town meeting" at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida, where President Bush was answering non-challenging questions from a sycophantic audience. then Bush made a startling statement about September 11th: -

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you, Jordan. Well, Jordan, you're not going to believe what state I was in when I heard about the terrorist attack. I was in Florida. And my Chief of Staff, Andy Card -- actually, I was in a classroom talking about a reading program that works. I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower -- the TV was obviously on. And I used to fly, myself, and I said, well, there's one terrible pilot. I said, it must have been a horrible accident.

But I was whisked off there, I didn't have much time to think about it. And I was sitting in the classroom, and Andy Card, my Chief of Staff, who is sitting over here, walked in and said, "A second plane has hit the tower, America is under attack."

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2001/12/20011204-17.html

WHAT TV STATION WAS BUSH WATCHING?

THERE WAS NO LIVE TELEVISION COVERAGE OF THE FIRST PLANE HITTING THE TOWER - HOW COULD THERE BE?? THE FOOTAGE OF THE FIRST CRASH WAS TAKEN BY ONLOOKERS AND SURVEILLANCE CAMERAS AND DID NOT AIR FOR HOURS AND DAYS AFTER IT HAPPENED. THERE WAS LIVE COVERAGE OF THE SECOND CRASH, OF COURSE, BUT NOT OF THE FIRST - SO HOW ON EARTH CAN THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES CLAIM TO A PUBLIC MEETING TO HAVE SEEN IT LIVE ON A TELEVISION OUTSIDE THE CLASSROOM WHERE HE WAS WAITING TO ADDRESS THOSE CHILDREN?? AND WHY HAS NO NEWS ORGANISATION OR "JOURNALIST" PICKED UP THIS FANTASTIC LIE?

as Associated Press reported on September 12th: "In Sarasota, Florida, Bush was reading to children in a classroom at 9:05 a.m. when his chief of staff, Andrew Card, whispered into his ear. The president briefly turned somber before he resumed reading. He addressed the tragedy about a half-hour later. "

Bush told the town meeting: "But I knew I needed to act. I knew that if the nation's under attack, the role of the Commander-in-Chief is to respond forcefully to prevent other attacks from happening. And so, I've talked to the Secretary of Defense; one of the first acts I did was to put our military on alert."

BUT HE COULD NOT HAVE TALKED TO THE SECRETARY OF DEFENCE UNTIL HE FINISHED THE GOAT STORY AND LEFT THE CLASSROOM AND ONLY THEN DID HE PUT AMERICA ON ALERT. HOW MUCH CRUCIAL TIME WAS LOST THAT COULD HAVE PREVENTED, FOR INSTANCE, THE ATTACK ON THE PENTAGON, WHICH HAPPENED 40 MINUTES AFTER THE SECOND TOWER WAS HIT?

Bush was caught in a monumental lie here and it is just one of the endless daily lies that gush forth from the lips of this lying imbecile. and people on this forum can't understand why the world wont believe the 'official' 9/11 story, and anything the US admin puts to the world as 'evidence' and 'threats' etc.

• ballistic
    ballistic

http://www.rense.com/general17/lie.htm

Note: We have received repeated claims by many that they 'remember' seeing the FIRST plane impact LIVE on The Today Show, Fox & Friends and/or CNN... but none of these news organizations lay claim to having been on LIVE when the first plane hit the first tower or feature any exclusive of first impact footage, other than amateur footage, retrieved AFTER the fact; not broadcast live at all. Many people appear to be layering their memories of the second impact, and replays of the first impact, out of sequence in time.
  • neverthere
    neverthere

I was at home "flicking" channels when I came upon CNN and their coverage that the first plane hit the tower. No pictures or video of it until later, after seeing the second plane hit the tower and watching them fall, only then did you see video of the first plane hit, then it was video done by onlookers that had just chanced to see it.

It was an awful thing to watch and I cried the whole time it was on TV. Very sad indeed.

• dottie
    dottie

I thought that the only footage of the first plane was taken by the 2 French guys filming the documentary on NYFD???

I was home sick from work that day and awoke to the phone and my friend telling me that I better turn the TV on and then spent the entire day watching "Global" and Kevin Newbanks (Canuckervison)

Dottie

• jws
    jws

I don't remember too many TVs in the Orange County Convention center, except some TVs that showed ads for local tourist attractions. I definately don't remember CNN being broadcast on any of them.

I'm no fan of GW, but to give him the benefit of the doubt, the statement could be essentially true without seeing actual footage. I might say the same thing about seeing the announcement or news coverage of it.

It is interesting to see what goes through this idiot's mind though. His first thought is, well, that's one lousy pilot. Not, what a tragedy, how many lives were lost, or things along those lines.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I had just turned on my computer. Dave called me on his cell phone, and told me to turn on the TV, and that the country was under attack. (he was listening on the radio in his truck) I usually don't have the TV on very much during the day, so wasn't watching. It was on for days after that though.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Me and another guy at work were trying to fix an automation controller for a robot when someone told us about the first plane. We didn't believe it. The guy came back and said a second plane hit. He was kind of a joker so we didn't really listen. When they said the pentegon was hit we left everything on the floor and ran to the nearest TV. I think it was CBS by that time, but that was the only station we could tune in.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

I was asleep in a hospital bed when the plane hit. I was getting ready to have surgery to remove a tumor from my right leg right below my knee. My mom came into the room and turned on the tv and there is was. Not a minute after she turned on the tv the second plane hit. I cried like a baby thinking some family of mine had died but thankfully everyone in my family was ok.

Kansas District Overbeer

• Warrigal
    Warrigal

I heard about it on the car radio...the initial reports were that a commuter jet had hit the first tower and that it was an accident. I arrived home in time to turn on the TV and see the second plane hit the other tower. There was such a sick feeling over the many lives lost and feeling for the first time since Pearl Harbor how vulnerable we were.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Perspective from Australia:

The first plane hit approximately quarter to 11pm on the Tuesday night, Australian time. The station I normally watch at that time of the night brought up reports of a plane crashing into the WTC building. Then they brought news that a second plane had struck the other WTC tower, and had some film of the second plane crashing into the WTC. So it was being broadcast live pretty much as it was being made known to the international news media.

Fortunately, I was asleep whilst all this was happening. Normally I'm awake until 11.30pm or later, and the news is the last thing I watch. But this night I was pretty tired, and went to bed earlier than usual. Just as well, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to get to sleep at all, after watching that footage.

So the next morning I awoke to my radio alarm. Instead of the normal music and chat (2DayFM), they had interviews of people from the street, talking about huge clouds of smoke pouring through the streets. At this stage they hadn't said where, so I presumed a building in Sydney's CBD must have had a fire, or some accident. So I got up and turned on the tv (I never normally watch the tv in the mornings).

And it was then that I found out what had happened, whilst I was sleeping.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit