North Korea official photos

by neat blue dog 14 Replies latest social current

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Official government photos:

Hmmm. Any thoughts? 🤔

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

When I was a JW this is the exact sort of thing that would have really bothered me. I remember going to a Rainbow Vacuum "sell our products" pitch and feeling incredibly awkward at how similar it was to a the weekly Book Study.

• HoodwinkedToo
    HoodwinkedToo

Look very much like propaganda pictures from WTBTS literature. Yet another flavour of totalitarian ideology.

Pictures from Soviet Union would typically have lot more red colored elements in them. While Nazi propaganda would be showing strong young men in snappy black uniforms from Hugo Boss ;-)

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Pretentious and designed pictures of propaganda, the reality is the country mostly lives in severe poverty and depression in comparison to most countries.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

JW broadcasting.

G.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Yeah, it looks like a JW district convention XD

• Biahi
    Biahi

Well, the WTBTS is a spiritual North Korea.

• amiable atheist
    amiable atheist

Oh, nice. Photos from the Pyongyang national convention of JW.

I am going to send this to my JW parents. As to whether they'll get the joke, I have severe doubts...

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Holy shitballs.

If the Org had published these pics and stated that they were taken at a convention in Asia somewhere, I would have completely believed it.

• Jidders
    Jidders

The first two or three pictures are fairly normal/convincing but holy cow those last ones are so obviously staged. You could take the ones with the flowers and the printing press/photo gallery and stick them on jw.borg and I would never be able to tell the difference.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit