2024-March-Announcements-Slacks-Ties-Jackets-Serious-Wrongdoing!

by Atlantis 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

2024-March-Announcements!

Slacks
    Ties
    Jackets
    Serious Wrongdoing

2 Letters

Zip Folder.

Grandpa!
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

Thanks Grandpa, very informative !

So, finally they get a bit sensible on "Dress", and won't look so obviously Cult-like either out in the " Ministry" < that label is joke ! or inside the K.H.

And a very slight relaxation on shunning, and more care on dealing with "wrongdoing" by the under 18's. None of this goes far enough IMHO to make them acceptable as to adhering to Human Rights, but I guess they think they will now be able to persuade a Court that this , just a fraction milder, set of Policies, do not mean they should, as an org. lose $$$. They will argue these are decisions made by individual Congregations in each case, and not mandated by the Org. "We only offer guidance in these matters".

With the matter of Dress I see clearly the hand of a "Worldly" P.R Company behind this move !

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

"And a very slight relaxation on shunning, and more care on dealing with "wrongdoing" by the under 18's. None of this goes far enough IMHO to make them acceptable as to adhering to Human Rights, but I guess they think they will now be able to persuade a Court that this , just a fraction milder, set of Policies, do not mean they should, as an org. lose $$$. They will argue these are decisions made by individual Congregations in each case, and not mandated by the Org. "We only offer guidance in these matters"

It's interesting how their"Bible trained conscience" only compels them to do the absolute minimum to avoid being kicked, rather than going the extra mile.

They could change it all in a heartbeat and become squeaky clean and above reproach (more like a "Christian" organisation) but they seem to love the control too much for that. 😿

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Thank you Atlantis!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Thanks always Atlantis!!

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Welcome everybody!

Atlantis!

• Yomama
    Yomama

Do bottom line you can talk to df ones as long as you want they cannot df you for it if they do you can be reinstated 3 months.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ATLANTIS:

Thanks for all your info!.. Even though I’m many years ‘Faded’ from the JW religion these changes still shock me.

This, and their 2023 annual meeting changes, just drives home the fact that this is a man-made religion teaching things that are simply somebody’s opinion and not in the Bible. How many countless lives were affected over generations - and for what? It wasn’t about ‘truth’, that’s for sure.

When Petra hears all this she’ll shake her head and be so Glad she got out and moved on. Hope she’s doing well.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

LongHairGal:

Thank you for the kind words LHG! Petra is doing very well and in her 4th year of Medical Training and college education. (Working on her 2nd Masters Degree. I think it takes 8 years to become a Doctor, but I could be wrong on that, I am not sure about the laws in Switzerland.)

Petra checks up on me from time to time to make sure I am not getting into any trouble. My wife (Nevada) does the same thing.

It's as if the Ladies in my family are keeping a close eye on old Grandpa. They are always sending me suggestions on good food to eat to keep me healthy.

They always want me to drink water with a little vinegar in it to keep cleaned up inside. They say the vinegar can clean your veins and stuff. They want me to take 2 salmon oil capsules every day because it is supposed to be good for your heart.

Petra misses you LHG! You were always good for her and gave her good advice.

She sends everybody big HUGS!

Grandpa!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

New light update before you know it.

Treat "inactive" ones as disfellowshipped

But,, they do already in a way. Just start slowing down spiritually or quit showing up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit