The Brexit pantomime continues!

by The Fall Guy 7 Replies latest social current

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

The undeniable truth is that there in no consensus amongst the UK's politicians for any single outcome.

Labour MP Hilary Benn has today joined the ranks of countless others who apparently have very severe hearing & sight problems - by submitting an amendment which suggests the following:

1) reconsider Mrs. May's deal

2) leave the EU with no deal,

3) seeking to renegotiate the deal or

4) holding another referendum.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46955437

The 1st and 3rd suggestions have already been certified as dead & buried - thanks to a massive rejection by the UK Parliament and an even bigger rejection by the EU government, which reduces the options to a choice between 2 or 4.

Since the vast majority of MP's are united against the no-deal scenario, an extension of 6 months of Article 50 to allow for another referendum would be my bet.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I dont pray but for the sake of my kids I wanna pray for this.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I'd be ok with a second referendum on one condition: 'remain' as an option must be left out.

Remain lost in June 2016.

So, a second referendum must not be a rerun of the first one, it should be used to get the will of the electorate re how we leave the EU.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

An expert on BBC's Question Time last Thursday evening reminded people of the fact that they weren't given the option of leaving the EU with any kind of deal - leaving the door wide open for all sorts of sell-outs (aka "compromises") by the government.

The questions were plain and simple; leave the EU or remain. 17m+ voted to leave, 14m+ voted to remain.

• cofty
    cofty

We voted to leave.

If we can leave with a reasonable deal then great. If we can’t then we leave and default to WTO rules. We also save ourselves £39 billion which the EU badly needs.

Don’t give up on the possibility of the EU blinking at the last minute.

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

In this debate people simply forget how much the EU needs us.

We only ever hear the negatives.

• Simon
    Simon

The more they try to screw us, the more we should burn the whole thing down as we leave.

Also, they can have a 2nd referendum ... just as long as it follows the same period as the first referendum after joining the common market. What was that, like 40 years?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

On the most recent Question Time, this from Isabel Oakeshott got the biggest cheer I've seen in a long time ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbBcyF57jts

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit