New light and confessing to congregations.

by asp59 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• asp59
    asp59

2017 - WT: The GB is neither inspired or infallible and can err in doctrine and organisational matters..

Clearly GB have received biblical information about things that been done wrong. Not from God directly, but letters received at headquarters. If important new light about biblical matters have come to the GB attention, why are they not telling the congregations about that information? Is it because it has too do with very important, matters regarding biblical arrangements, that GB done wrong? Is it not important that congregations know Jehovas requirements and how he views things? Are they not putting congregations in risk not confessing and repenting for what they done? I mean won't Gods anger come over everyone, cause leaders won't admit what has happened? Getting tired of there flip flopping with unimportant biblical verses the whole time, when there's clearly reason to believe this people have received important information they are trying to hide from rest of JWs.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Are you talking about bringing certain false teachings to their attention via letter, and being told to wait on Jehovah or something to that effect? They've heard it all, and in some level they already know.

They know the blood ban is a product of Rutherford's time that can't hold up to biblical scrutiny, but too many have been affected so there's no way they can reverse it.

They know that the understanding of the earthly resurrection and 144,000 is outright contradicted by the Bible, but too many members have there hopes tied up in these.

They know 1914 is based on shoddy research, but the urgency of the last days and their very 'appointment' in 1919 depend on it.

Even if one of them had doubts, there's nothing they can do about it. They're too far painted into the corner.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

By “They” I mean the GB, their Helpers all the Bethel Heavies at locations around the World....the ones that really understand what the Org. is all about.

I believe they are so indoctrinated, so institutionalised that they cannot see beyond their conviction that they are part of God’s Organisation. Anything could change, literally everything, but “ It’s the Truth isn’t it” will always be believed. The same goes for a fair number of the r and f dubs who have given it their lives.

• St George of England
    St George of England

I think there are plenty of Bethelites, including "heavies" that know there are problems with doctrine and organisation. However to misquote a scripture "where else can they go?"

If they speak up they could be down the road with no savings, no accommodation, no pension and no transferable skills. A very scary thought and even more so with the current situation.

George

• hybridous
    hybridous

The fallacy of sunk costs

It's got to be hell to one day wake up - even just a sliver

...and know that you DON'T DARE explore your doubts

...as to how you've spent the best years of your life...

because you know that the more more you learn...

the worse you'll feel

It's best just to keep yer head down. Keep plowing forward.

Pretend you've explored these matters fully and to your own satisfaction.

Of course, all that

PRETENDING

comes with its own costs, too...

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Like I keep saying…

…they know it’s wrong, but believe it’s true…

…at the same time.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

STGEORGE OF ENGLAND & HYBRIDOUS:

I do believe about the fallacy of ‘sunk costs’ keeping some JWs in.

I’m glad I ‘Faded’ twenty years ago. I was in for about twenty+ years but in my case I just wanted Out. I wasn’t worried about time wasted.

I also think that some of them there also might have questions/doubts about doctrine but don’t dare speak up because, as is mentioned, where else would they go at this point especially some of the older ones. They WOULD certainly be ‘fired’ with no savings, no accommodation, no pension, etc. Although, this could very well come about anyway with yet more ‘downsizing’. However, they would make it happen for sure if they opened their mouths!

• Konagirl
    Konagirl

2017 - WT: The GB is neither inspired or infallible and can err in doctrine and organisational matters.

To err: fail to adhere to the proper or accepted standards; do wrong.

The proper or accepted standards are already set out in Jesus’ words. Any deviation from that, comes from men. Where in the Bible, does it say we must follow men who deviate from the words of Jesus Christ?

Yet every JW follows along - either gullibly, or.they are apprehensive to speak up against the GB's errors, for fear of what they'll lose. (Luke 12:49-53) We're not judged by the word of men, although the GB would like us to believe we are. We're judged by the words of Jesus. John 12:47,48; Matt 7:24-27

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''Yet every JW follows along - either gullibly, or.they are apprehensive to speak up against the GB's errors, for fear of what they'll lose.''

There was a song in the song book, old song book years ago. The lyrics went ''Bravely press on.....", I was thinking more like the lyrics should go, ''Naively press on....""

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit