Serpent discourages strangers from hanging around front door

by Scorpion 3 Replies latest social humour

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

AROUND THE HOUSE
    Richard Fagerlund The Bug Man

San Francisco Chronicle Saturday, March 15, 2003 Page E4
    Serpent discourages strangers from hanging around front door.

Q: We are studying phobias in school, and I am trying to determine something
    we learn from our parents. You mentioned in a previous column that your
    daughter is deathly afraid of bugs, but you never mentioned any other members
    of your family. What about your wife or other children?

A: The short answer is no. My wife was not afraid of anything, nor was my son,
    Bryon. My daughter, Sara, is the only one in the family who is afraid of any small
    creature.

When my wife and I lived in Houston about 25 years ago, we kept a lot of snakes
    around the house in terrariums, Sandy was also fearless when it came to reptiles. One
    afternoon she was holding a small garter snake when the doorbell rang. Rather than
    put the snake back in its cage, she decided to slip it into her blouse and answer the
    doorbell.

I was sitting on the couch and saw a couple of Jehovah’s Witnesses on the porch.
    When my wife opened the door (she wasn’t wearing a bra), the snake, for some
    reason, bit her on the nipple. She immediately let out a scream, tore off her blouse and
    started jumping up and down with the snake attacked to her breast.

The Jehovah’s Witnesses dropped their tracts and ran yelling down the driveway. I
    imagine they are still talking about the devil woman who breast feeds snakes.

I was laughing so hard I almost go sick. I finally go up and removed the snake from
    my wife’s breast and put it away. Sandy was fine except for a bunch of little tooth
    marks.

Sandy never hesitated to handle snakes again, and she and I often told that story to
    friends. It is absolutely true.

To answer your question, I have to idea why my daughter is afraid of bugs. Too much
    television I assume, but she didn’t inherit her fear of bugs from her mother or me.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

I like it! What a great way to frighten off unwanted visitors.

I don't think I want my nipple nibbled on though...

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y

HAHAHHA I laughed out loud as I read this story .. it's great!! heheh I wonder if theres a word for fear of Jehovahs Witnesses.

m0nk3y

• greven
    greven
    The Jehovah’s Witnesses dropped their tracts and ran yelling down the driveway. I
    imagine they are still talking about the devil woman who breast feeds snakes.

LOL!

Thanx for sharing!

Greven

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit