Would you consider shunning merciful?

by poopie 11 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Nowadays....of course not. When I was In I would have upheld the rule, although I was never one to completely cut somebody dead in the street. If eye contact could be made I would give a nod and a smile . That was just civilized behaviour that I wanted to continue.

Thankfully I never had to deal with family in that situation.If I had I would have stuck to the more liberal views of the '80's .

Wt 1983 1/1 p31

His wife will continue to show love and respect for him as husband and family head, even as do wives whose husbands never were believers. (1 Peter 3:1, 2) But it will not be possible to have spiritual fellowship with him, sharing in Bible discussions and prayer with him as she once did......................
    Of course, the grandparents have to determine if some necessary family matters require limited contact with the disfellowshipped children. And they might sometimes have the grandchildren visit them........

It is this aspect of spiritual fellowship that my old timer family members say they would cut if one of us (like me if it happened!) was to get the chop.

• Landy
    Landy
    you don't really need me to tell you this, do you?

I suspect Poopie needs to be told the correct way to sit on a lavatory.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit