Remember that Letter to Elders that asked them to privately inquire if any of the brothers were LAWYERS.....

by Muddy Waters 11 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

I remember a thread here somewhere where a letter to the body of elders was posted and elders were to read part of the letter asking who might have experience or training in video media, graphic design, etc. then on a separate page NOT TO BE READ to the congregation was for elders to make discreet inquiries as to any who might have legal knowledge, experience or expertise.

Well, in view of all this new kafluffle about branch closures, building work suspended, Bethel layoffs, etc., it really makes me wonder now just what the heck is going on. Has the GB been shafted by their own legal counsel or financial advisors? Could they have put their trust in the son of earthling man (worldly counsel?) and are now reaping what they have sown?

I am also noting the really weird behaviours recently from both Sam Herd and Anthony Morris in their broadcast talks from different months, though very recent. Both of them had such similar demeanours -- defeated, tired, dispirited, uncomfortable.... There was no excitement in their manner, they did not sound encouraged or encouraging.

And there is also the issue of payouts to victims of child abuse and child sexual abuse... and now questions as to their charitable status...

It all makes you wonder, What the heck is really going on?? Is the money well really drying up?

I mean, we really don't know, we can only speculate, it is all so very weird.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I think the reason they want to know if there are lawyers among them is so they can send work to them at a hopefully much reduced rate.

The guy who represented WT in the Conti case lives and is licensed in Cali, who knows if he gives the WT a break on the hourly as his "gift" to that poor bastard Jehobo.

• Patrick45
    Patrick45
    A capital misalocation /bad investment would be a big bang and Dubs would leave in droves. It looks like a charade to prepare for the GA-theater piece coming up. More bagging for money for certain. It would be too early to have them mandated to create a compensation fund for their abuse victims.... tbc
  • wifibandit
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila
    I heard that the WT lost half a billion in the stock market on Aug 24 of this year, but I haven't been able to confirm it.
  • Defianttruth
    Defianttruth
    They could have put the building on hold because of suits in the works. It's hard to say you don't have any money when you are constantly building.
  • sir82
    sir82

also noting the really weird behaviours recently from both Sam Herd and Anthony Morris in their broadcast talks from different months, though very recent. Both of them had such similar demeanours -- defeated, tired, dispirited, uncomfortable.... There was no excitement in their manner, they did not sound encouraged or encouraging.

Well, with Herd, "Huckleberry Hound at half-speed" is pretty much as fast as he gets, so no surprise there.

And AMIII seems to save his energy for snarling at homosexuals and the JWs who dress like them.

• JeffT
    JeffT
    I heard that the WT lost half a billion in the stock market on Aug 24 of this year, but I haven't been able to confirm it.

Overall the stock market lost 6.6% that day. Unless they had a gigantic investment that went under they still have 95% of whatever they had. If they lost 1/2 billion they still have 45 billion.

• JeffT
    JeffT
    BTW, they were looking for various professional types back in the seventies. An elder let that slip when I was around.
  • cultBgone
    cultBgone

Love this: We need college-educated lawyers, keep it quiet though. And don't let anyone else know as they might run off to college themselves.

Such hypocrites!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit