The Crazy World of Online Deliveries

by Simon 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

Have you ever had this:

You order something online, and get the notification it's been shipped.

"Ooh look, it's only coming from 500 miles away and there's a major route from there to here. I bet it'll be put on a truck or maybe a train and here in a day or two. Great!"

You check the next day.

"Why?! Why have you flow it so it's now 3,500 miles away?! What is wrong with your system?!?"

Yeah, I know, major transit hubs, flight schedules and all that, but doesn't it seem crazy?

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Yeah it does.

Also the notification that it's been delivered and then another notification stating that it's still 500 miles away.

Why even text me? I'll just check the front porch once a day like I do for the regular mail delivery.

Other craziness: I order about a half dozen things from one retailer. They each come separately!

I can't even try to fathom what kind of algorithm could be responsible for this.

• Simon
    Simon
    Other craziness: I order about a half dozen things from one retailer. They each come separately!

Amazon is bad for that. They even sometimes have an option in the checkout to "combine these into one delivery" and even though we have Prime next-day, I'd rather save journeys if I'm not in a hurry for something. Of course whatever you pick they always come separately.

BTW: What should the term be, something like Amaznesia, that describes a package arriving and you have no idea what it is because you ordered so much and forgot something was even due? "Surprise time!"

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Ha ha! That's good.

Boxing Day: when the box is left leaning against the door and you trip, fall, and get a black eye when leaving the house

Virginia Creeper: when the box is left behind the potted plants so as to not be visible from the street and you only find it when pulling weeds

Sing and Fling: when the Amazon driver pulls right up next to your front door so as to not miss the song he's listening to and throws the package out the window in the direction of your porch a la the paper boy. ( Caught that happening to the house next door, so I opened my side window and waved, and he backed right down the driveway real quick! )

FedeXtravaganza: when the FedEx truck, the UPS truck and the Amazon truck are making deliveries to immediate neighbors and there's not enough parking on the street. Once a school bus was added in the mix as it stopped to drop off the little girl next door. All traffic stopped and they just couldn't figure out how to do all their deliveries without blocking the street

Naked Delivery: UPS has run out of brown trucks so have rented a Hertz rental van in plain white of course. Amazon shows up in an unmarked brown Toyota Highlander.

"I shipped my pants!": what one yells triumphantly after completing an online order

There must be more.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Anyone need 3 tires for their car? Ine is lost in transit. Should gave bought a Robin

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Well robins are cute with their red breast and everything, but carrier pigeons are better for long distance travel.😜

• road to nowhere
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Amaznesia

Roflmao GIFs | Tenor

• just fine
    just fine

I ordered something last month and it passed my house three different times traveling to different FedEx hubs before it got on a truck for delivery. Took almost two weeks to get it.

• Simon
    Simon

Like when you see your food order, circling where you live, knowing it's getting cold ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit