Huge JW storyline (blood) on Chicago Med (US TV Show)

by tresdecu 9 Replies latest jw friends

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Anyone else watch Chicago Med last night?? One of the writers had a bone to pick...made the dubs look like a cult. (not hard to do, I know) Very realistic, and they got all the lingo right. If you want to read a quick description of the JW part of the show, read below. (spoilers)

spoiler synopsis if you're interested:

Just as Marcel is barking orders and requesting various tests; nurse Doris (Lorena Diaz) finds a “No Blood” card in his wallet, confirming he is a Jehovah’s Witness. Will says the card is at least 10 years old and was signed by his parents when he was a minor, so they need to wait to hear from them.

Will is on the phone, learning that David hasn’t been to the Kingdom Hall in months and no one has tried to contact him. Doris calls him as David’s stats drop. He informs his parents that David will die if he is not operated on within the next few minutes. He tells them he doesn’t believe they know what their son’s wishes truly are and knows David hasn’t done any pioneering in months and when he crashed he was drunk and high. They don’t want to believe him until he confronts them with David’s tattoo. Will says he no longer shares their beliefs and shouldn’t have to die from it. His father walks out of the room, disappointed as his mother leans in and kisses his forehead, only to follow in her husband’s footsteps, leaving the hospital. Dr. Marcel comes over as Will orders him to do the transfusion and surgery as they no longer need his parent’s consent; they rush off to the OR.

David wakes up, learning he can live without his spleen. He asks for his parents as Will informs him that his parents were there but they left. He is confused, causing Will to tell him that they found out he was no longer a Jehovah’s Witness, they left. He is confused as Will explains that they gave him blood during the surgery, causing David to panic. Dr. Marcel encourages him to stay calm, as David says the drinking and drugs were a mistake as was the tattoo; he was going to have it removed and repent. He shouts, “What have you done to me?” as Will looks on solemnly.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Well, at least he took the "right" position to maintain the relationship with his parents. He can go back to drinking and drugging after they console him for the "evil" that was done to him.

(You're right about someone knowing the Cult thinking.)

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog
    Thanks, will have a look.
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander

Is that for real? Sounds like a JW writer on the show, if you ask me! Seriously, sounds like something JW Broadcasting would come up with to make the "World" look bad, and also as some sort of lesson as to what happens when you leave Jah's Organization. (GAG)

This is the epitome of stupid. AKA: "What have you done?????????????????????"

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

I thought the same thing, probably a writer with a relative that was/is a JW.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

who is Will ?

• ThinkerBelle
    ThinkerBelle

Will is the red headed doctor.

This is the 2nd time they've done a JW storyline so someone in the writing department is familiar with the JW practices.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Watched it. It was spot on. Whoever advised them on the JW's were spot on.

The kicker was, when the Dr. revealed the tattoo on the boy, the Father and Mother walked out the door. They left their kid!! True 100% Watchtower behavior.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Anybody know the episode title or the series and episode no. ? The USA series is usually ahead of Its U K showing.

I don’t generally watch it but I would look out for that one

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    that for real? Sounds like a JW writer on the show, if you ask me! Seriously, sounds like something JW Broadcasting would come up with to make the "World" look bad, and also as some sort of lesson as to what happens when you leave Jah's Organization. (GAG)

No they like complex, layered storylines. The parents don’t really want him to die, so to save him and salve their consciences, they walk out. It makes them look bad to anybody else, but actually it’s the kindest thing believing JW parents can do. Let’s face it we all know JW parents who would demand no blood as next of kin, whether their kid was a dub still or not.

And the patient getting mad at the doctor is a nice little plot twist.*

* NB haven’t seen the show, just surmising as a fan of ”The Craft” as they term screen writing😉

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit