Abuse Survivor's $4M Judgment Against Jehovah's Witness Umbrella Organization Upheld by Court 12/10/18

by Not_Culty 25 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Thank you Careful for sharing the article...it answered a lot of questions I had.

I'll repeat what I expressed earlier as I'm dancing & singing:

🎶🎶 No greater Christmas can there be for me than to hear that the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society has been hit by another multi million dollar well deserved judgment...yah yay...yah yay! 🎶🎶

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

These people will never learn. The government needs to do something beyond fining this organization, they have the money to pay it, and they refuse to learn from their mistakes.

• Not_Culty
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    I Faded Twice - "The thing that brings me the most joy is if this happens around 1000 x WT would most likely be bankrupt... That's why they are dragging these cases out in my opinion."

Maybe. Loss of tax-exempt status at least.

The latter could theoretically lead to the former, particularly if the Org is as dependent on said tax-exemption as some of us suspect.

• Corney
    Corney
    Storey noted that he and his firm have litigated over the 1997 documents in two prior cases that have gone to the Court of Appeal and that highly redacted copies of some of the material have been handed over in a fourth case currently pending in Orange County.

Intrigued about that case. I found one case filed in Orange County Superior Court but not sure what its current status is. The case information: https://drive.google.com/file/d/121-fddB_AruAOBpdscrNuPdXdYiIzMin/view?usp=sharing

• Corney
    Corney

Correction: the above-mentioned case is closed now. The pending case is JOHN ROE 1 VS. DEFENDANT DOE 1, CONGREGATION (30-2014-00741722-CU-PO-CJC).

Forthcoming hearings (at Orange County Superior Court):

Description Date Time Department
    MOTION TO COMPEL DEPOSITION (ORAL OR WRITTEN) 12/18/2018 02:00 C11
    MOTION FOR SUMMARY JUDGMENT AND/OR ADJUDICATION 12/18/2018 02:00 C11
    MOTION FOR SANCTIONS 01/15/2019 02:00 C11
    MOTION FOR PROTECTIVE ORDER 01/15/2019 02:00 C11
    MOTION - OTHER 01/29/2019 02:00 C11
    JURY TRIAL 03/25/2019 09:00 C11

Full case information: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CuB3h7t6ftxXahhpA_0mAfQHRAVAMvHw/view?usp=sharing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit