I won't know until Thursday

by DanTheMan 17 Replies latest jw friends

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

If this turns out ok tell them some time after that when you walked past her she turned around and stared at your ass and this offends you. Then tell them that because she OBVIOUSLY is out to get me by making the previous complaint and resulted in my livelyhood being threatened that you feel threatened by her. And tell them that you can't work comfortably in a place that makes you feel threatened all the time.

• berylblue
    berylblue
    Whether they let me go or not, I will be looking for other employment.

I know it is easy for me to say, but you really don't need to work for an organization which would do this to you. If not this, it will surely be something else. They don't value you. Try to weather this storm and just look for something else. Good luck!

Beryl

who loves to say "good luck" now that she's not a JW

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Thanks for the encouragement all. I really need it.

who loves to say "good luck" now that she's not a JW

Funny, I was talking with one of my new "worldly friends" the other day. I was venting about this situation, and in doing so I dropped quite a few f-bombs. It felt good, no guilt.

Dan, f-bomber class

• Skeptic
    Skeptic
    This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever been through. Whether they let me go or not, I will be looking for other employment.

I don't blame you, though think about the blip on your resume. Handle it right.

You learned the hard way what many people forget. When you are at a company event like a party, you are at work.

Richard

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    the blip on your resume

Tell me about it. That is what I fear most. If they fire me, what will be the official reason for it? And will they tell this to future employers?

My hope is that if they decide they don't want me any more, that they'll at least allow me the opportunity to resign before they give me the axe.

• Skeptic
    Skeptic
    Tell me about it. That is what I fear most. If they fire me, what will be the official reason for it? And will they tell this to future employers?

Well, that is a good reason for finding a new job and resigning from your current one. Chances are, they will provide a reasonable reference for you. Most places don't give nasty references even if they didn't like you.

My hope is that if they decide they don't want me any more, that they'll at least allow me the opportunity to resign before they give me the axe.

Hopefully, they will be good like that. And likely they will, especially if you ask them for that opportunity. If they fire you, especially in a questionable situation like this, they could get sued. If you resign, they know the likelyhood of being sued is nil. So, it is in their best interest to allow you to resign.

Richard

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I can't believe it!

I waited around my house all freakin' day, pacing the floor, listening to music, reading a book, etc.

They never called.

Finally at 4:45 I called them, got voice mail. Called again at 5, same thing.

Ridiculous! This is mental cruelty!

• blondie
    blondie

I'd be on the horn by 8 tomorrow. Wow, how unprofessional. Reminds me of some elders I have known.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit