JW child first pediatric patient to receive acute normovolemic hemodilution - 1970

by OrphanCrow 15 Replies latest watchtower medical

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

It's interesting that the doctors were reluctant to provide care that would orphan the child, but the parents just stood their ground. Honestly, I am Bout Terry j's age and I don't doubt that his parents said that, or that at that time that such a stance was not encouraged by the org. Not in print, but here's betting you that the parents were the hero's in some assembly or several.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    jwdaughter: I don't doubt that his parents said that, or that at that time that such a stance was not encouraged by the org

I agree

A situation like that did happen. In the United Kingdom, I believe it was. A JW child was transfused after the child was made a ward of the state. The parents refused to take the child home and the child remained a ward of the state. I am not sure what year that happened...I will have to look it up

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

jwdaughter - "...the doctors were reluctant to provide care that would orphan the child, but the parents just stood their ground..."

Each side waiting for the other to blink.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ OrphanCrow...

Ironic that the advances in "non-blood medicine" have come about as a direct result of transfusion-related advances.

Kind of like how advances in anti- and retro-viral medicines and therapies are a direct result of applying an evolutionary model to the research.

:smirk:

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

To add a link to download the volume Jehovah's Witnesses - Alternatives to Blood Transfusions

Terry's story appears near the beginning of this volume, on page 15 of this pdf:

Jehovah's Witnesses - Alternatives to Blood Transfusions

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    vidiot: Ironic that the advances in "non-blood medicine" have come about as a direct result of transfusion-related advances.

For sure. "Alternatives to blood transfusions" is a misnomer. The alternatives were/are blood transfusions - transfusions of a patient's own blood. Their blood is/was drained and/or salvaged...and then transfused back into them.

That is one of the reasons why the supposed risk factors of blood transfusions that the WT has promoted about the dangers of blood transfusions is misleading - all the mechanical problems associated with transfusion of blood is still existent in the alternative procedures proposed in surgical practice - the alternative is still a blood transfusion.

Without blood transfusion technology in the first place, there would be no supposed alternatives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit