What if the UN fell apart?

by undercover 20 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

The WTS has incessently preached about the Wild Beast being the UN and how the Anglo-Saxon world power of America-Great Britain was the force behind it. What if the UN was to fold? Looking at world events this weekend, I wouldn't be surprised if it happened. I heard talk on a news channel that the events leading up to war in Iraq could start a chain reaction in which the UN could become practically useless. Where would that leave the WTS and it's teachings/interpretations of Revelation? Just another doctrine that needs revision, huh?

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

they'd make some more teachings and call it "New Light."

There are far more important issues about a weak UN then how it affects JW theology.

• Xander
    Xander

I've actually been thinking about it...

I'm pretty sure the UN wouldn't 'fall apart', but the US might pull out.

What if that happens?

Well, hey, they get their king of the north/south prophecy working again! It'd take a lot of wriggling, but they could get it to fit, I'm sure, it's what they DO, after all.

• JeffT
    JeffT

What's the "New Light" on the king of the north/king of the south thing. I don't know that the UN will fall apart, but thanks to French meddling it's going to be irrelevant.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

The U.N. is a sleeping giant.

Guest 77

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

*IF* the UN were to collapse (which I doubt) another UN-like organization will emerge and the WTS will move the title of "wild beast" to this new organization... just as it moved the title from the League of Nations to the UN.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

The International Olympic Committee will become the wild beast.

• Francois
    Francois

The UN has already proven itself irrelevant via its actions, or lack of them, concerning Iraq. It has turned into an international third world "cripple the US" agency that we should get out of, and get it out of the US. They will continue pushing until the UN is given the right, by some ultra-left president to directly tax American citizens. Then you WILL see armed revolt in this country.

francois

• starScream
    starScream

I'm not saying that we should do it, but what would the WTS say if the U.S. bombed the UN building. What could they say? They can't be in favor of war but they can't be in favor of the beast either.

• JH
    JH
    IF* the UN were to collapse (which I doubt) another UN-like organization will emerge and the WTS will move the title of "wild beast" to this new organization... just as it moved the title from the League of Nations to the UN.

I guess the WTS would love that because they would be able to say that they never were affiliated with the wild beast as a NGO (non-government affiliate organization)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit