We don't take collections like other religions do...

by Alfred 14 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Alfred
    Alfred

I think this screen shot says it all... Need I say more?

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

I like the part about the rewards program. Do you get extra points in Paradise? Maybe points go towards being a MS or Elder. For sisters, points towards Head of the Cleaning Crew?

• sparky1
    sparky1

I never noticed the rewards program before! WTF! This seems like the reverse of 'money changers at the temple'. The 'evil' money changers had to be driven out of the Temple by Jesus because they charged a fee for exchange rates and making 'change' for large denomination coins from those donating to the Temple treasury and now the 'evil' money changers are welcomed into the Temple by the Governing Body because they reward those who are making donations into the Temple treasury by using the 'evil' money changers form of financial exchange. Now that's what I call: "Making friends with unrighteous riches"!

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    So you can donate your loyalty points to the org. That will do the GB nicely next time they need a 5* hotel room.
  • Londo111
    Londo111

Until the 1990's, JWs went to people's doorstep and sold magazines. Then the donation arrangement was introduced and JWs were encouraged to say the magazines were of "no charge", "but if you like to make a contribution to the world wide work" and thus solicit money, which went into an envelop that ultimately went to HQ. Of course, I could never bring myself to do this, but some JWs did follow through.

In effect, the "collection plate" is not passed at the Kingdom Hall, but has been passed from DOOR TO DOOR.

Which is better? A collection taken from fellow believers in the place where they gather to worship...or a collection taken from strangers who did not invite it?

• sparky1
    sparky1

"In effect, the 'collection plate' is not passed at the Kingdom Hall, but has been passed from DOOR TO DOOR'

That is one of the most succinct, truthful and insightful statements that I have EVER read on this forum. Thank you, Londo111 for 'hitting the nail on the head'.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I wish I could show that to my mom, wonder what she would say now since she also was one that always said the Dubs don't collect money like the other religions, now they have a reward program? What's that, a couple of extra hours you add to your time sheet without actually doing the time? (as if that doesn't now)

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

The JW "Rewards program" shows possibilities to transfer your "reward points" to the ORG.

• Moster
    Moster

I like the part about their 'humanitarian' activities. Which ones are those exactly?

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Hypocrisy at the highest level, how can the GB sleep at night...The Pharisees compared to the GB are Saints...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit