Hello, I'm new to this site

by ScrewedandConfused 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• ScrewedandConfused
    ScrewedandConfused

Hello, I thought I should introduce myself. First, I apologize if my writing is not too good because English is not my first language.

My name is Art and I am 25 years of age. I was disfellowship once and it took me almost 2 years to get back in.

Now I am disfellowship again. I feel so hopeless because I know now it is not the truth but I do not know what to do or where to go because of my situation at present.

I enjoy reading all of your thoughts very much and decided it may be time to finally join.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Don't feel hopeless. You can turn this into the best thing in your life.

1. You are out
    2. You are still quite young
    3. The world isn't as bad as they make it seem.

You need to cleanse yourself of the fear, guilt and obligation of the JW religion. Get to know your true self. Live as your true self. You may not have as big a circle of "friends" but your life can now be filled with true friends, and real truth.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

great to have you on here S & C-----feel free to ask any questions you like.

youre in good company here---and your English is fine.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Art....Welcome!

So many on this forum have been right where you are. It has been good for me to hear how others have handled their situations.

Be thankful that you are young and got out early. Is your entire family in the org?

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

I'm glad you woke up, art. I'm also sorry, because I'm sure you have lost at least a part of your family, maybe all, and now you don't know how to proceed with your life. This site has many many people who have lost their families and who have been able to rebuild their lives. It takes one step at a time.

You never know who may follow you out. You may be pleasantly surprised.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Hi,

25 and kicked out twice? Give it up already.

You're plenty young to rebuild socially some place else. What I wouldn't give to be 25 and out of this Org!

Be well.

DY

• sparky1
    sparky1
    Welcome Art..........you will meet many kind and intelligent people here. Hope you stick around!
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Buddy, they don't want you back.

It hurts, but a lot of things in life do.

x

What you really need to ask yourself is, "why would I want to be where I'm not wanted?"

• steve2
    steve2

Welcome to the forum. It is very common for those who've been disfellowshipped to feel pretty mixed up about things.

This is a safe and confidential forum for you to calmly and slowly work out your best mid- to longer-term plans.

The biggest learning is realizing there is no urgency, no emergency. JWs have been conditioned to make decisions in an urgent frame of mind. But that doesn't work well when it comes to sorting out beliefs - it just cranks up the fear and obligation.

So many prople on this site will identify with your situation.

• TheListener
    TheListener
    Welcome S&C. Glad you posted. Don't let them get you down.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit