Watchtower Accepts Money from the Norwegian gambling Authority

by Newly Enlightened 11 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Newly Enlightened
  • Atlantis
    Atlantis

Newly Enlightened:

Thank you! The Tower would take money from the Mafia if they could. And there are times I think the Tower could teach the Mafia a few new tricks.

Atlantis!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Sometimes I catch myself wondering if they’re already in hock to the mob.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Oh wow just wow. This reminds me when pictures were emerging of the national flags bern placed on KH in Chile, and apostates themselves were claiming a conspiracy of apostate driven lies. Then, what do you know, it turns out to be true. Honestly this organisation just baffles me.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I find this shocking! Here is a screenshot of part of the register of foundations , from the Norwegian Gambling Authority website . If anyone can translate, that would be great

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The claims seem to be legit. You can clearly see the Norwegian spelling of Jehovah’s name there .

This resonates with me because the last JC that I did before I came off Eldership was a lad who had committed the terrible sin of buying a lottery scratch card . We read the riot act and threatened to D/f him , thankfully we only reproved him .

What hypocrites these people are !

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

It is this agency that coordinates and distribute the extraordinary support of covering parts of the electicity bill for various organizatons and associations that applies for it. Also all private citizens get starte subsidies due to the unusually high energy prizes. So not chocking at all. Also, that Jw have got its share of government grants the past decades has been a well known fact in Norway.

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

Not sure the youtube claims are legit. Actually the name of the organization is The Norwegian Gambling and Foundation Authority. (Norwegian : Lotteri- og stiftelsestilsynet)

The Gambling Authority looks after gambling and horse racing, while the Foundation authority looks after the work of foundations and voluntary associations in Norway.

Both are separate - the foundations and NPO's, NGO's are regulated by the Foundations Act while Gambling is regulated by the Gaming Act of Norway.

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Thus nothing dubious or shocking at all. The foundation authority was added om 2005. And as I stated the grants referred to are earmarked for electicity bills.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Well, well well

https://www.regjeringen.no/en/dep/kud/organisation/subordinate-agencies-and-related-institutions-under-the-ministry-of-culture/underliggende-etater/the-gaming-and-foundation-authority/id382398/

I am glad that others have explained this . It goes to show that we must always be careful and willing to listen to others..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit