Ecstasy use makes people depressed for life?

by MegaDude 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Lost Diamond
    Lost Diamond

Abaddon, LOL!

Yup, that's what I meant......read up before you roll up. I personally was suprised when I read some of this stuff!

• moreisbetter
    moreisbetter

Dear all,

I didn't read most of the posts, the research links whatever. I did not want to because of my experiences with it. This is my opinion and my experiences with it: Keep the shit away from my kids. Don't play with it. the sexual side effects you are wanting to achieve aint worth the crap shoot you're playing with. This my opinion and don't even respond if you want to debate it.

I almost lost two daughters to it right off the bat. That's right lost; as in dead. The first experience my oldest daughter told me of about caused her great depression for weeks, The second experience with it almost took her life. Naturallly, X was not the only drug she inbibed. Alcohol was there. BUT it was the X that made her incapable of moving when she became ill. I'm just so GD grateful her friend of that moment turned her over when she began to vomit. She would have asphyxiated on her vomit. She is alive and vehemently against the usage. This brings me to daughter #2.

Pot was her drug of choice; she was 20. She had experience with LSD. In one night of clelabration which she was entitled too. Trained 2 weeks for a job as a receptionist in an urgent care facility. She always wanted a job in health care. A stepping stone in her experience and pay for her education in Pharmacy. She never chose her friends well. She always took care of them. I & her father take responsibility for part of her choices, even today. She started celebrating with some friends with a little beer and pot. She doesn't really care for beer, but pot was her fave. They had a little LSD; ok, she's not an angel, LSD she had tried and thought "why not? its been a while". She took that. Then, they said Hey, how about X? In her state she said yes. I won't go into the physical experiences she had that her father & I were able to extract from her so called friends.

I knew somthing was wrong 24 hrs later when she wanted to have dinner with me. She was coming to my apt. A place she had lived for 7 mos. She didn't remember where it was. In a neighborhood that she lived in 2 miles away. Monday, she couldn't remember how to get to work; the same place she had spent all day Friday. After 2 hours and her dad's help she got there 2.5 hrs late. Her new place of employment sent her home because she could not remember them, what she was susposed to do, nothing!!! To make a long story short, she tried going to her dad's place & got lost. She left there and tried to get home from dad's and got lost. She could not remember where she was or how to get from A to Z. Her dad & I got her to my place 2 miles from her apt. We also spent 2 days trying to get her into a suitable treatment faciility she would agree on and insurance would take care of. EACH day she could not remember the previous days events or even hourly events. We finally took her too a psychatrist we knew and was way more than competent. As parents and her doctor, because she was of legal age, we needed him, we were 30 seconds away from getting a court order to have her committed before she consented to treatment. AND i do mean that doc was heading out the door to call a judge.

We got her into treatment. It got her a little bit of detox before she left after 36 hrs. Psychiactric LOCK up aint fun, folks! . It has taken a year and a half, and a hell of a lot of work on her part that we as her parents, don't know where it came from, to get her back. She is a few weeks from graduating from a voacational tech school. It took over a year. A year of 3 TIMES THE STUDY BECAUSE SHE CAN;T REMEMBER EVERYTHING because of Exstacy. Her condition and situation was caused, in the opinion of two well respected Dallas psychiatrists and personal internists, Exstacy.

Please forgive me for the this long post. It just struck a maternal nerve. I'm not sure today of how I want to think of myself. Certainly, DON'T EVEN THINK of telling me how to think. But perhaps :"Think. Make you're own choice, for you have the right. JWs don't own us anymore" kinda person. Please, Please, not matter what you choose do in your life, now that we have the freedomm from judgement to do so, it still doesn't make it safe. But please, be careful.

I may not be making much sense because of a lot of issues right now. But please, choose carefully and alway be safe. And seek peace. Love to all, Theresa.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit