"The Santa Clarita Diet" on Netflix

by schnell 7 Replies latest social entertainment

• schnell
    schnell

Someone recommended "The Santa Clarita Diet" to me at work, and when I got home and watched the trailer, my wife and I both sat down and binged through the whole thing...

https://youtu.be/xjRnbOgoAUQ

Thematically, the show is all about rebirth. Sprinkled throughout is the idea that when something changes in your life, you just have to be bold and run with it. You went years with life going a certain way, everything all planned out, and suddenly it's all out the window.

Also, it's gruesome and loaded with bad language. So keep the little kids away and maybe don't watch while eating dinner.

The whole first season runs about 5 hours, and it's highly recommended. Enjoy. :)

• Simon
    Simon

I'll give that a try, makes me think of "Dexter" which was great (but ended badly)

We just finished The OA ... great except for the ending again, WTF?

I think it's the "Lost" effect and also the blackout show - writers think of a great intriguing idea / puzzle but never think of the solutions to it themselves. I'm starting to think they then scour social media looking for fan-fiction ideas how to end things.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Watched all of the first season shows and I thought it was funny and original.

Maybe not suitable for children though.

Its been booked for a second season

• schnell
    schnell

@Simon, I will say that the season finale left me disappointed a little bit, because I really want a show to just conclude. Seriously, especially if it's built on themes of death and rebirth... But the business requires a long series, so it goes.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Good to hear the reviews...I'll give it a try. I like the actors, but wasn't so sure about the storyline.

I just binged "OA" yesterday. I thought the story was different and interesting with an interesting villain. But that ending...

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I enjoyed Santa Clarita more than I thought I would.

Loved the OA.

• smiddy
    smiddy

My wife and I saw the first episode and that was enough for us.But then again we're not into Zombie type shows

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Like the trailer. I'll search for it and watch it. Thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit