Praying in the name of Michael the archangel instead of Jesus

by krismalone 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• freddo
    freddo

Jesus calls Jehovah "Dad" whatever Jehovah is doing ...

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

But Bobby, Sergeant is a TITLE not a name.

Michael and Jesus are names.

The point is, the names refer to the same personage. therefore the names could be interchangeable.

Your example about your "dad" also being a "sergeant" actually proves the point. He is one and the same person.

• Bobby2446
    Bobby2446

The organization absolutely could do something to a brother who prays that way.

(1) praying on the “name” of Michael it’s not in line with the Bible

(2) The organization is under no obligation to let him pray (in other words, you have no “right” to remain a JW or to offer prayers).

That basically ends it.

• freddo
    freddo

But the Bible says you can pray TO Jesus, Bob ...

• Are you serious
    Are you serious
    Bobby2446 you must be referring to the organization that absolutely does whatever they want whenever they want and their members can do absolutely nothing about it?
  • FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Just wondering what would happen if a brother saying a prayer in a meeting did it in the name of Michael the Archangel instead of closing the prayer with "Jesus Christ". Since JW's believe Michael is Jesus would he be counseled?

Same thing that would happen if a JDub called God Yahweh instead of Jehovah.

The organization absolutely could do something to a brother who prays that way.

(1) praying on the “name” of Michael it’s not in line with the Bible

(2) The organization is under no obligation to let him pray (in other words, you have no “right” to remain a JW or to offer prayers).

That basically ends it.

I am thinking that Bobby2446 your user name, but your title is shit-for-brains.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Apply the same question to the "model" prayer that starts with "Our Father..." why can't JWs just pray to "father"?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

The JWborg have perfected thought/word policing to an art form.

Their org their rules.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Whoever you pray to, whatever their names are, wont help coz all are figments of Imagination.

• stillin
    stillin

Yeah....like...I'm confused. Jesus has another name? Like, why? Or, why couldn't he have been Michael Christ when he was on Earth?

I wonder whether some Witnesses have a split persona. They are one person at the Hall, and somebody else out in their secular lives.

Then there's the pronunciation problem. "Haysuse" or "Jeshua" or "Jesus?" I mean, if you prayed to God in the name of Michael, He would understand, wouldn't He? Same person, after all.

I probably sound ignorant to somebody who has the inside scoop on all of the goings-on in Heaven. But really, how am I to know the truth of this? I have to believe somebody who claims special knowledge. And they keep changing their names too!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit