So I had a conversation with an older brother...

by My Name is of No Consequence 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BALD EAGLE:

I agree with you and have no sympathy for those older ones! I remember very smug attitudes they had. I always felt it was so uncharitable of them to be wishing so many people be destroyed so they can have their "paradise".

I have a slightly different reason for having no pity.

Some of these people came into the religion AFTER they earned their living. Some had worldly husbands who worked 40 years to provide them with a pension - but, yet they criticized younger people there like myself who worked. Where did these people think money came from??

Getting older isn't easy for any of us, but at least I don't have the mindset that everybody else is supposed to "disappear" so I can have my paradise with tame animals and endless fruit platters!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I know of an older Brother, quite prominent, who expressed that he would make it to the New World via The Underground -- death & resurrection. He's a born-in, former Bethelite, long-time elder, and has hung onto the WT false promises of living forever for all of his life. His parents died. His wife died. He now realizes he will die, but he still doesn't see WTS as being "wrong". Of course, at his age, where else would he go? It's his "network".

Image result for open grave

"The Underground" - Sad Sad Sad

Doc

• Gayle
    Gayle
    They became comfortable with their lies. In all these decades, nothing could 'poke' their heart of truth. Their heart of truth died long ago.
  • My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

@ LongHairGal:

Some of these people came into the religion AFTER they earned their living.

BINGO!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit