The Atlantic Magazine: A Secret Database of Child Abuse

by Pants of Righteousness 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Pants of Righteousness
    Pants of Righteousness

I haven't seen reference to this article on the forum, so would like to post a link to an article that was published by The Atlantic on 22 March 2019.

https://www.theatlantic.com/family/archive/2019/03/the-secret-jehovahs-witness-database-of-child-molesters/584311/

Only factual matter that I could correct is the number of GB members at the time of the Australian Royal Commission - I'm pretty sure it was 7 at that time.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Any form of the media that exposes the Jehovah`s Witness excuse for a religion is OK by me .

The more people that see and read these accounts the less people that will be sucked into their propaganda..

And i think overall it was a great article .Well presented and not sensationalist.

Kudos to the journalist Douglas Quenqua for writing a well balanced summary of the JW religion .

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Pants of Righteousness:

I agree with smiddy3 and feel it was an overall great article.

Thank you!

Atlantis!

• careful
    careful

Thanks for this post, PofR. Care to share the story behind your nic? Sounds like it might be fascinating.

The Atlantic article provides considerable background for some of the things that have been happening on the opposition front recently. That KH break-in in Mass., the theft of the secret documents from it, and their posting on reddit and elsewhere, all help explain things like the GB recently telling the WTS lawyers to go after those posting them, as well as the fatihleaks response:

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/6255460664475648/truth-transparency-foundation

There is a lot more to this story, and the Atlantic article writer helps fill in the gaps.

I will always remember something a CO said soon after Ray Franz's first book came out. Speaking of GB 1 then in power, he observed, "They're running scared right now. I've never seen anything like it." Now it's GB 2's turn. And scared they are, afraid that some of the truth about their widespread lying and bungling of "governance" will be exposed to the faithful. If that were to occur on a major scale where the average Witness would have to see it and deal with it, the results would be devastating within the org.

The GB's losing control—their greatest fear!

One other factual matter correction: the old interpretation of the generation not passing away was not "new" after 1975. It had been around long before that.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    careful - ".... If that were to occur on a major scale where the average Witness would have to see it and deal with it, the results would be devastating within the Org..."

Agreed.

Just about everything they are doing these days is to minimize the possibility that rank-and-filers will suspect that it's not "God's Earthly Organization"...

...because if it's not, there's virtually zero incentive to stay.

• Pants of Righteousness
    Pants of Righteousness

Bump of this earlier link. Seriously think it needs more attention but it seems the forum is more pre-occupied with politics and we're ignoring stuff like this.

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

Excellent article. Thank you for posting it

• avoidjw
    avoidjw

Thanks for posting. The pressure is being applied to the organization and you should see more revelations in the coming days.

• VIII
    VIII

I just found this on the Daily Mail...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6847391/Jehovahs-Witnesses-kept-secret-database-tens-thousands-child-molesters.html

I was reading an article on the Sharia Courts and stumbled upon this. Which led to the Atlantic article. Needs to be pushed.

• DNCall
    DNCall

It occurs to me that the millions of dollars Watchtower has spent and continues to spend to protect its reputation, is an costly exercise in futility. Its worse days are still ahead.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit