Mating inequality

by hoser 18 Replies latest social current

• waton
    waton
    I've never heard someone say that they wanted a baby because they wanted to be generous and share the gift of life with someone

right, sadly of course, most pregnancy are hormone-caused. but there is also the deliberate duty bound situation where grandparents, nations even, want their genes, their traditions, their lived on properties, their worth projected into the future, and offspring is a sure bet, unlike wt survive through service or the resurrection hope.

Think of the jewish people, reasserting that important life offspring option after the holocaust losses.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    but there is also the deliberate duty bound situation where grandparents, nations even, want their genes, their traditions, their lived on properties, their worth projected into the future,

So once again, having children is just as self centered as choosing not to have children. Everyone else's wants, needs and beliefs are taking precedence over that of the child who will be brought into the world . He/she will be born for the benefit/pleasure of someone else, rather than because someone wanted to generously and unselfishly give the gift of life to another human.

• Simon
    Simon

Many of those women don't have a college degree of any value whatsoever so they are not "earning more" than a hard working man doing physical work.

What they probably have is student debt, and they'll be on the lookout for some schmuck to pay that off for them.

• waton
    waton
    Everyone else's wants, needs and beliefs are taking precedence over that of the child who will be brought into the world . He/she will be born for the benefit/pleasure of someone else, rather than because someone wanted to generously and unselfishly give the gift of life to another human.

PZ: you are taking a very dim view of on of the most noble endeavour in developed life, not just humans.

take the emperor penguins , the males, who, standing in the cold antarctic night for months, huddled together, incubating the eggs, held against their breasts. all for the sake of the future generations.

Of course it is rewarding to see a our families prosper like that too, from courtship to being a grandmother/ father, but just because it has it's ajoy, it is really really hard, persistent work, and not done for y/our personal benefit, but that of others.

not least for l'etat, who will tax the offspring. and

ask the born and prospering child , would they rather have been aborted? never existed?

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    eah, lead the self centred life and bring in the prolific procreators from 3rd world countries to keep up the population count.

,I think if you reread my comments, you’ll see I have no problem with people having children. You indicated that those who don’t are leading the self centered life and I disagreed. Having children could be considered just as selfish as you indicate not having them is.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I see a lot of spinsters and single moms in the future as well - yeah, this is a result of the destructiveness and negativity of feminist ideology.

A lot of feminists hate men, specifically straight white men.

Yeah, there'll be a fair few crazy cat-ladies thanks to this malicious feminist doctrine.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

My fiancé has student debt that she will never pay off unless we get rich. With a child on the way I’m not sure that’s going to happen… Well, she is part of a successful family owned company so who knows..?

I have to say there are certain aspects of Fatherhood that I’m not looking forward to at my age. I just know how hard it is because I was married 25 years as a JW. At least I was young and dumb and had more energy to use back then.

I certainly didn’t plan on having a child to fulfill some inner need. Shit… I’m rapidly approaching the “Get off my lawn!” stage of life..

TBH, if I was financially well off, I can’t say that I wouldn’t date younger women. Not 18 year old children for sure but that’s just me… The reality is that I will never know a life that’s free of the hang-ups and guilt and fear that come from being raised a JW.

DD 😕

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

At least I was young and dumb and had more energy to use back then.

I think I once heard another similar version of that statement, tho not so "G-Rated".

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Lol. Yeah, I know the saying… So true…

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit