"Alarmageddon"

by stuckinarut2 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

" Alarmageddon "

This term came to mind as I thought of just how weird it is that witnesses actually look forward to seeing billions of people killed....

Also, at how strange it is that the org has repeatedly tried to work out the date or time for it to happen. (although they will deny doing this ...but the old publications and talks etc are there on record!)

Yes, dooms day Alarmists..... "Bring on "Alarmageddon"

• Simon
    Simon

To be fair though, I'm quite looking forward to the Zombie Apocalypse.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Even when I was "in", the concept of Armageddon always bothered me . I cringed when people made jokes or pointed out a house they wanted after "the battle"

I used to wonder why these apparently friendly well adjusted folk had no feelings whatever for the billions of people who would suffer a horrible death

Wt 2013 2/15 p20

Jehovah will also use pestilence and “the scourge.” Whether literal or not, the scourge will silence terrifying threats. On that day, “one’s very eyes . . . and tongue will rot away” in that the attackers will be able to strike out only blindly and their defiant speech will be silenced. (Zech. 14:6, 7, 12, 15) No section of the earth will escape destruction. The forces lined up on Satan’s side in the battle will be tremendous. (Rev. 19:19-21) “Those slain by Jehovah will certainly come to be in that day from one end of the earth clear to the other end.”

"Good News " isn't it... all that horror so they can live in paradise !

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

stuckinarut2

" Alarmageddon "

I like it. Pretty much sums up the entire history of the wtbts. It's what kept sooooo many of us captives for decades.

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• cappytan
    cappytan
    To be fair though, I'm quite looking forward to the Zombie Apocalypse.

So are the JW's! After all, isn't that what resurrected people will technically be? Undead?

• DJS
    DJS

Stuck,

Alarmageddon!!! Way!!! I wish I had thought of that. As far as the Zombie Apocalypse, I believe it has already started.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

What sane person look forward Armageddon and why. Problem have become

so big, with no solution in sight. They no longer see themselves able as human

being to solve this problem. Viewing the world as flawed place headed toward

some sort of cosmic correction.

Before becoming a JW I never thought of Armageddon as a mean to correct the world problems

Poor JW's, this is the only thing they are looking to at the cost of billions of people.

Very selfish on their part.

We can thank the WT for creating this hysteria.

• Mad Irishman
    Mad Irishman

It wasn't my experience that Witnesses were all looking forward to billions of people being killed. That's just plain propaganda. Most are worried sick about those people being killed and are troubled by it and are constantly asking questions about who might be saved and who wouldn't and what about this and what about that.

Generalizing what some individual nuts may say is different than brushing everyone and everything with the same broad brush.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Well said James Mixon!
  • Captain Schmideo2
    Captain Schmideo2
    If anything, many of the true believers I know (like my mother in law) just exist in anguish over the idea that their sons, daughters, siblings, parents, will die because they refused to believe in "The Truth" (tm). Or that disfellowshipped family members will return "before it's too late". They also believe, beyond all reason, that other loved ones will be resurrected from death due to Jehovah's mercy, giving them a second chance to become believers. I am sure there are a few assholes out there who can't wait to see people burn in flames: "They'll be sorry they ever laughed at ME!", but, so many of them live in a special distress over a much anticipated event.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit