Why the King of South (USA) is in the Northern Hemisphere?

by pistolpete 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

There's been a lot of talk among JWs, that this is it with Russia (king of the North) pushing and shoving against the (King of the South USA)

But look at the world map below on the link, and notice that USA is in the Northern Hemisphere.

Meaning the King of the South must be none other than -----------Argentina

. That's so funny that JWs still can't figure it out that they are being conned to the max.

https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/t2puzm/why_the_king_of_south_usa_is_in_the_northern/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD_1Z8iUDho

• waton
    waton

Moscow is 20 degrees further north than washington Dc. north of Kiev too.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Other than first king of the north and the first king of the south (according to WT interpretation and according to the interpretation of many Christian groups), I think it also pertains to the role the most recent kings take in relation to the prior two kings. I think it is role which primarily identifies them, not primarily which one is at the most northern latitude. For a WT explanation in regards to the communist block led by the Soviet Union (now identified as led by Russia and its allies) being the king of the north, see pages 270 and 275-278 in the WT 1999 book called Pay Attention to DANIEL'S PROPHECY (note that book was revised in 2006 but I don't have a copy of the revision and I haven't read the current online edition).

But note that most modern scholars (at least according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel%27s_final_vision ) say "... that the Daniel who appears as the hero of the Book of Daniel never existed ...".

If one accepts the WT's interpretation (at least that given in the first edition of the Daniel book) of the current kings of the north and the south (and of whom they currently say is the king of the north), then most likely according to that interpretation there will not be a nuclear war between Britain-USA and Russia (along with its allies). Why is that? Well if they mutually attacked each other with nuclear weapons then most likely neither of them would remain a world power and there would likely no longer be a king of the north and a king of the south (in the sense of the WT interpretation of the prophecy in Daniel) - not even later replacement kings for them. But page 285 (along with page 179) of the WT's book on Daniel says that neither of the two kings comes to its end by the hands of the other, but that instead the king of the south is destroyed by God's Kingdom and that at the battle of Armageddon all earthly kings at time will be removed by God's kingdom.

Interestingly page 278 of the WT's Daniel book in paragraph 17 says the following. "In modern times [Edom, Moab, and Ammon] represent nations and organizations that the king of the north targeted but was unable to bring under his influence." Could that also prove to be the case with Russia's attack on Ukraine? Very recent reports says that Russian is having a hard time in quickly defeating Ukraine, and the reports say many nations are condemning Russians war actions against the Ukraine. Furthermore Germany and the USA announced it will send weapons to the Ukraine, the EU said it will pay for weapons that will go to Ukraine, nations are financially cutting off Russian banks from SWIFT, and England along with the EU are cutting off commercial flights to their lands from Russia. Furthermore, according to Fox News "Ukrainian military official releases video showing what appears to be Russian missile system being destroyed by a drone" (but I don't yet know if that claim is accurate).

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Disillusioned JW:

Other than first king of the north and the first king of the south (according to WT interpretation and according to the interpretation of many Christian groups),

The JW interpretation of Daniel is Adventism which is derived from Protestantism, so it is of course unremarkable that other denominations share elements of their interpretations of Daniel.

However, nothing in Daniel applies to now. The kings of the north and south were the Seleucid and Ptolemaic dynasties up until the mid-2nd centuries BCE.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i think the king of the south lives in New Zealand. Its his part time job.

• waton
    waton

from A to Z : Zenobia the queen, prettiest King of the South you have ever seen. fun apart,

the magnetic north reverses to south periodically. next flip is long overdue. and

symbolically speaking, that is why argentina became the north to london during the falkland flare up.

• Yomama
    Yomama
    Breaking news august 2016 jw broadvast missing
  • Chezdale
    Chezdale

Yomama,

yes, I notice that particular program has been removed from the jw dot org broadcasts.

Don’t know why. Here is a vid from someone who does reviews and here is a link to the Review he did of the 2016 August Broadcast.

https://youtu.be/dEiP3tEpDls

• Biahi
    Biahi

I don’t want to watch the broadcast, what does it say? Why did they remove it? Are they trying to hide something?

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

It should also be noted that the "king of the north" presented in Daniel 11 is always an individual. Somewhere around Dan 11:19 or 20 is where WT changes the interpretation of the "king of the north" as an empire.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit