Protesters Silence Iraqi Refugees

by DakotaRed 37 Replies latest social current

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Right now America needs the economy focused on, we need to take care of our domestic problems, but if you really want to live in Iraq, go right ahead.

Had President Roosevelt heeded that same argument in 1941 WWII, you'd be speaking German now. Or Japanese.

And had he not listened to people like you in 1938, there would have been NO WWII and tens of millions of lives would have been saved.

If we don't deal with Sadaam now, we will have to deal with him later and it will be more costly in terms of lives lost. It's that simple. There are no other alternatives.

Farkel

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound
    Had President Roosevelt heeded that same argument in 1941 WWII, you'd be speaking German now. Or Japanese.

Farkel

Iraq hasn't attacked the US.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    Because Saddam isn't the dictator in charge of this country.

You can't say anything about speaking against Saddams warring, so instead, you throw out an insult against our government? Now that was really intelligent. Are you even capable of rational thought, Charlie? If under any form of dictatorship, you would have been jailed long ago and not allowed to speak your usual illogic.

• rem
    rem
    IIraq hasn't attacked the US.

Iraq attacks US and British fighter jets almost daily.

rem

• siegswife
    siegswife

Dakota, You might think of yourself as a radical Republican, but I see you as a man who has yet to come to terms with the fact that the winds of the world are changing.

Peace,

• siegswife
    siegswife

I meant to sign that, Leanora but I hit the wrong key and can't edit.

Just so you know, I used to lean toward the right until I realized what the right stands for these days.

Just call me a CULT buster. LOL

In my opinion the WTS is nothing compared to those who are influencing our politicians these days. Please...you owe it to yourself and your loved ones to look into it...with an open mind. If we at JW.com want people to take us seriously, we owe the same consideration to others.

xxxooo

Lea

• jelly
    jelly

There is no peace in Iraq, Saddam kills his own people in large numbers. That’s the point many people seem to miss. To say you are for peace and not war is to create a false binary; peace is not an option. You are either for the status quo, with thousands of Iraqis being killed at Saddam’s hand, or you are for war,a war that I believe will end the situation. I believe the war will be better for the Iraqis in both the long and short run. I understand that some people don’t see it this way and this debate has reached the point of being almost a religion to some people and no real change is possible in the minds of the hard core ‘peace’ and 'war' camps. I think the question of where were all you people when Clinton was taking unilateral action with the US military is a valid one. Until I get a good answer for that I remain suspicious of the ‘peace’ camps motivation. Why where Clinton’s actions ok but Bush’s are not. Terry

• expatbrit
    expatbrit
    You are either for the status quo, with thousands of Iraqis being killed at Saddam’s hand, or you are for war,a war that I believe will end the situation.

An excellent summation.

To people who are protesting against war:

If you saw a woman being raped, would you ignore the situation and allow the rapist to continue?

If you knew a child was being starved and beaten, would you allow its abuser to continue?

If you saw a man being murdered, would you avoid getting involved?

If your answer is "no" on a personal level, then why would you allow it to happen on a national level? Iraqis, men, women and children are being abused, raped, beaten, killed, starved and left to die of disease every day because of the actions of Saddam Hussein and because of the UN sanctions that have continued for 12 years of failed diplomacy. And what do you propose? More of the same?

Well, please remember those Iraqis when you're lighting your "peace candles" and galloping around on your peace-inspired moral high horses. Please remember that your hallowed peace will be founded upon the corpses of 5,000 Iraqi children every month. Your "peace" will be a wasteland of death and suffering.

Your callous disregard for the real suffering of people in the Middle East is appalling. These are people I've met, laughed and haggled with, who have shown me proudly pictures of their family, who have invited me spontaneously into a wedding and who have the same dreams, loves, and fears that we do.

Your oh so moral peace would condemn these people, people like us, to years, maybe decades more of violence and suffering.

You make me sick.

Expatbrit

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound
    Are you even capable of rational thought, Charlie?

Are you capable of getting the stick out of your ass?

• siegswife
    siegswife
    If you saw a woman being raped, would you ignore the situation and allow the rapist to continue?

If you knew a child was being starved and beaten, would you allow its abuser to continue?

If you saw a man being murdered, would you avoid getting involved?

Expatbrit, get real. That shit happens EVERY DAY in every country in the world. Are you really saying that you believe wrong shit doesn't happen to people in EVERY country in the world? Are you really saying that you believe that the US and it's "allies" in this particular situation are above being guilty of the very same things you are insinuating we should "prevent" in Iraq?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit