Raising children in this world

by JH 12 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

For those with kids growing up, do you worry about their future, in this upset world we live in?

Do you really think they will have a stable and happy life?

• blackout
    blackout
    1. For those with kids growing up, do you worry about their future, in this upset world we live in?

2. Do you really think they will have a stable and happy life?

1. The world has always been 'upset' in one way or another. Id much prefer my kids to live now than in the dark ages, during the plague or in 'cave men' times. 2. Yes, I really think they will have as happy and as stable a life as any human has ever had. Blackout of the Dont worry be happy class

• NAPPY ROOTS
    NAPPY ROOTS

My kids will have a more stable life than I had. I would rather them live in the Real World than grow up as a JW. At least my kids will know how to interact with people when they are adults. It took a long time for me to learn that everyone in the world was not "bad association".

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Gol Darn it JH, it's a Friday night, and I just want to respond to fluff threads !

All sane parents worry about their kids. Wife and I had to make a decision, on our way out. Even though we had left the cong. How were we going to raise the youngin's. JW mentality or " wordly " (tm).

Happy to say the kids " are part of the world ", and learning to be real people !

Years ago I used to cringe, at what was happening with world events, and I used to think...what have I brought my kids into.....Parents, who treat their own xjw child as filth, a world which seems to hover on the brink of uncertainty....But you know what? I've come to realize, our offspring, are our future. Hell, we haven't seen any sign of god or his kid(s) for close to 2000 years, so I figure it's up to us.

The best we can do as adult parents, is pass on our love for them, our love for others, and our love for this planet.

• Silverleaf
    Silverleaf
    1. The world has always been 'upset' in one way or another. Id much prefer my kids to live now than in the dark ages, during the plague or in 'cave men' times.

I have to agree with Blackout. Our children could have things a lot worse. In what we consider simpler times they might not have had as much access to education, medical care, even descent food. The world might be a harsher place by the time they grow up, but it might be a better one too, we can only see what happens.

I think if the world leaders stopped talking about weapons of mass destruction and sat down and talked about their hopes for their future for their children and grand children, we wouldn't be worrying about going to war.

Silverleaf

• freedom96
    freedom96

I think through the ages parents have always been worried and concerned about their children. However, I agree with previous postings that this is the best time ever to live.

Our children are going to experience awesome things, as technology expands and we come to a better understanding of life.

This is an exciting time to live. As long as some idiot terrorists don't blow us up beforehand.

• happysistah
    happysistah

JH,

I do think our kids will be able to find happines in this world. But, I do think that it will be different from the world that we live in today. I really believe that after 9-11 we will always be in fear of terriorst attacks. I think that will be something that our children will have to learn to deal with.

I think that if we teach our children good morals and values they will be fine. I also think that they must pursue secular education so that they will be financially fit.

• animal
    animal

JH....

I sure wouldnt wanna live in your negative world. Do you like anything?

Animal

• JH
    JH

It's true that my question sounds negative, just like the Watchtower would want it to appear.

Maybe I done this on purpose to hear your positive answers.

• animal
    animal

Maybe you did...

I raised my kids by following my gut, since I had no good examples of how to do it. I made them, from a young age, make thier own decisions, and live with them. I didnt have to hit them to get my point across, but did use "fear of the unknown" to drive home some points.

Now, one is 18 and the other 12..... both have my trust on thier decision making abilities. I dont fear anything within our control with them. Shit does happen, tho, and I dont lay up nites worried about that which I cannot control. I also taught them that.

Kids learn what they live. Mine are positive and trustworthy.

Animal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit