The UN and armageddon

by mattnoel 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Erich
    Erich

Dan The Man: <I wonder how God is going to kill us all......<

Armageddon, as I understand it from the bible, will be a combination of social, ethic, economic and ideologic disaster. In a "synergetic" manner, all these parameters combined will lead the mankind to a situation, where they will kill one each other in a boil of hate against themselves, against other people and against God (what happened in Rwanda in 1994 is type of aphorism). This process will run very very fast, and cannot be hindered; not even supervised or "recognized" as an exceptional world-situation.

E.

• gumby
    gumby
    as I understand it from the bible

Thats the problem erich........the bible is so vague......each person has to........TRY and understand it.

(Wow...I just figured out how to do quotes)

• Erich
    Erich

We have many examples showing us the consistence ob Bible`s prophecy. I think thats not the real problem.

What we indeed are missing, is a scientific theory and ideology of a worldwide social and mental collapse (=armageddon) in the sense and connection with the chaos-theory. Because many people (and here in this forum too) see this matter only through their religious spectacles and WTC-focus, it would be VERY IMPORTANT to get internet-entry to the wisdom of some WELL-KNOWN serious scientific researchers who see such a disastrous scenario with pragmatical, cool and scientific eyes. That is what we need.

E.

• Undecided
    Undecided

God is a busy guy, he has already written it in his schedule, let's see, what day and hour did I chose, there it is, Friday at 3:00. Was that daylight saving time?

Since nobody has seen that schedule, not even Christ, I guess we can just forget about it and go about our daily living and worry about that car payment instead, or maybe the house payment. Let's see, what day and hour did I schedule that payment?

Ken P.

• Erich
    Erich

Schedule ?

I dont think there is a real "schedule" existing in regard to that disaster. Listen: There are NO types of "programmed schedules" existing in any part of the physical world, neither in organisms nor in the elementary microcosmos. Read the newest articles of scientist about that facts...

A complex world-situation as we know it (and are living in) can be compared with a complex "organism". A outside-situated supervisor can watch the state of this organism. He is able to say: this organism is bound to die, it is so sick that there is no hope on healing... But if you yourself are part of the organism (or the organism itself), then you are UNABLE to analyse and recognize your real state. Thats the prove why - as a part of a complex organism - you never can provide a type of "schedule" in regard to your own destiny.

E.

• Undecided
    Undecided

Iraq: Bible's End-Time Prophecies True?

By Cathryn Conroy, Netscape News Editor
    Then the sixth angel blew his trumpet, and I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar before God, saying to the sixth angel who had the trumpet, "Release the four angels who are bound at the great river Euphrates." So the four angels were released, who had been held ready for the hour, the day, the month, and the year, to kill a third of humankind." Revelation 9:13-16
    The Rev. Irvin Baxter, who lives in Richmond, Ind., and works as the pastor of Oak Park Church and the editor of Endtime magazine, told The Associated Press that he's "75 to 80 percent sure" this description from the ninth chapter of the New Testament's Book of Revelation is a description of the pending war in Iraq. He believes this war is the sixth trumpet. He believes it foretells a nuclear holocaust that will kill one third of the people on Earth. He believes this is the end-time.

Is this what Jesus looked like? Using a computer and information about the time period, this image developed. And it's unlike anything ever before published.

Here are two clues from the Book of Revelation that lead some people to think this is the end-time:
    Euphrates River

The Euphrates River runs through Iraq, just miles from Baghdad. Not only is it referenced in the ninth chapter quoted above, but also later in Revelation. The bowl contains God's anger: The sixth angel poured his bowl on the great river Euphrates, and its water was dried up in order to prepare the way for the kings from the east. Revelation: 16:12
    Destroyer=Saddam
    They have as king over them the angel of the bottomless pit; his name in Hebrew is Abaddon, and in Greek he is called Apollyon. Revelation 9:11
    If the numbers of this chapter and verse aren't enough to give you the shivers, try this: Both the Hebrew "Abaddon" and the Greek "Apollyon" mean "destroyer," which is also one of the meanings of the name "Saddam."

You won't believe how much a leaf from the Gutenberg Bible sold for!

Not all theologians and biblical scholars agree the end-time is near. One such person is Craig C. Hill, a professor of the New Testament at Wesley Theological Seminary in Washington, D.C. and the author of "In God's Time: The Bible and the Future." He told The Post that apocalyptic thinking is a fatalistic worldview that prevents people from enjoying the life they have now. It also makes them become "morally complacent," he said.

This Bible has traveled around the world for 34 years. Find out why.

• Erich
    Erich

Dont forget that in 1991 (the first gulf war!) they said the SAME thing you showed. Its not new.

Presently NOBODY is able to foretell the world-situation AFTER this next Irak-war. No Mr. Bush, no Pope, no Pentagon-Think-Tank, no WTS, no "prophet". Let us wait and see what happens!

E.

• JH
    JH

The congregations in my region are in Montreal this week end for a Circuit Assembly. I wonder what mumbo jumbo they must be talking about.

Do you think they have an explaination for the events going on, around the world? Ha... they don't even know their ass from their elbow as far as who the king of the north is.

So how can they say when the end will come?

• animal
    animal

There won't be any armageddon.... unless you like being scared into submission.

Animal

• mattnoel
    mattnoel

Ok well at first my fears were quashed but then what happened ?

Sorry but I have kinda lost the plot here, do you guys actually believe this JW stuff or what ?

Thanks for the cool comments from some of you, but what is the general concensus here ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit