Does the Annual Meeting take place at the Kingdom Hall, or Assembly Hall?

by Faithful Witness 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

I was never a JW, so I never was invited to one of their annual meetings in October.

Are they held at Assembly Halls or at the local Kingdom Halls? What day and time is the Annual Meeting this year? Is it the same for the entire US Eastern time zone?

I'm almost certain that they were at the Assembly Hall, when they received their New New World Translation bibles (the grey ones)...

I'm interested to know, since I have had a hard time reaching my JW mother lately. Their Assembly Hall is about 3 miles from my house, requiring them to drive past our house. Their KH is about 50 miles from here.

Not that it matters where they are going to get their updated instructions and revised literature... although I'm tempted to put up yard signs, with a message that we miss them and wish they'd call or visit!

I tried searching on JW.ORG, but am only finding times for public meetings and congregation bible studies.

I'm located in Michigan, so if anyone might have information about which congregations will be meeting in Holt this weekend, feel free to send a PM or reply here.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro
    They invited everyone a few years ago but they've gone back to the "special" invitation only format. So the unwashed masses don't have access to the meeting unless they plan on recording and releasing on their website.
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    When they handed out bibles was the only time they've had it at assembly halls or kingdom halls (in most places it was a combination of both). That was 2 years ago. I haven't heard anything about them making arrangements to watch it live again this year so I'm guessing it'll just be something online for the uber-dubs to brag about having watched and feel superior to the rest.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit