Reasons for leak and building stop story

by Gorbatchov 23 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I am sure that their financial depts. have been urging restraint in the light of the comments above.

I heard one dub comment though that "Did not Taze Russell say that when the money was no longer coming in it would mean that Jehovah was telling them that the work was complete? and then they could expect "the end" !

Ooh, exciting times!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy
    Yea, and Russell was such an accurate prophet, he predicted..... er........ um well nothing actually.
  • mynameislame
    mynameislame

Blues the quote is:

Zion’s Watch Tower’ has, we believe JEHOVAH for its backer, and while this is the case it will never beg nor petition men for support.”

Oddly they used this quote in the Sep 15 WT claiming that they had not wavered from this policy.

So are they finally admitting they don't have Jehovah's backing? Or maybe they are admitting that they have emasculated the JW men so technically it isn't men they are petitioning.

• wifibandit
    wifibandit
    • “The Silver Is Mine, and the Gold Is Mine”
      • In 1879 when the faithful and discreet slave class began publishing this journal, then called Zion’s Watch Tower and Herald of Christ’s Presence, it contained the following statement: “‘Zion’s Watch Tower’ has, we believe, JEHOVAH for its backer, and while this is the case it will never beg nor petition men for support.

• w07 11/1 pp. 17-21 - The Watchtower—2007
    • How Is Our Ministry Financed?
      • In 1879, the second issue of this magazine stated: “‘Zion’s Watch Tower’ [as this magazine was then called] has, we believe JEHOVAH for its backer, and while this is the case it will never beg nor petition men for support.”

• w15 9/1 p. 6 - The Watchtower—2015
    • How Kingdom Activities Are Financed
      • Russell stated: “‘Zion’s Watch Tower’ has, we believe, JEHOVAH for its backer, and while this is the case it will never beg nor petition men for support.

• kr chap. 18 pp. 194-201 - God’s Kingdom Rules! (kr)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit