Reaction of the JW believers to the 2016 RC

by EyesOpenHeartBroken 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EyesOpenHeartBroken
    EyesOpenHeartBroken

There are threads on the content of the RC and reaction of awake JWs here, but how are indoctrinated JWs reacting to the convention? My family and I have not attended yet, but I am bracing myself for it. Anybody talking in JW circles? Is it the usual gushing about "the convention just gets better every year"? Anybody with some boots on the ground intel?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I'm sure it will go down as the greatest convention ever until next year.

• Khaleesi
    Khaleesi

Is anyone going to a convention in southern California Long Beach? I am going to an English convention this year in August just to hear the nonsense cult talks, I have no relation to any congregations in the English language.

My first year international convention at this location there were soo many "apostates" outside, I believe easily like 40 of them, I remember wondering what was going on, my study teacher said they were bitter people who are expelled and just angry, one thing that stuck in my mind was reading this board that said "READ YOUR BIBLE NOT WATCHTOWER LITERATURE" and another one saying "1914", this was 18 years ago, I remember thinking we do read the bible what are they talking about. Now after being awake I understand what they meant, I didn't know anything about many things in the bible until now. Years later this convention site, have had some "apostates" outside still as I would arrived, I am now tempted to go up to them and say Hi since this will be my last convention I will attend.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

This convention is all about recycling the same 'fear' instilled in JWs during the early 70s, early-to-mid 80s and mid 90s.

So, now that there's a new impressionable generation of JWs listening, well, it's time to put the 'fear' in them so that the same behavior based on fear, obligation and guilt happens all over again. DO NOT FALL FOR IT!!!

This hopefully will fail royally because we now have the WWW with all the information on past fear mongering tactics used by the WTBTS.

DY

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

I emailed the bunker videos and the 'paradise' video to an active JW I know. I received a reply to stop sending apostate videos. Go figure.

• cofty
    cofty
    I received a reply to stop sending apostate videos. Go figure.

Priceless!

• oldskool
    oldskool
    I'm sure it will go down as the greatest convention ever until next year.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Oh, yes, and pointing out/bringing out any old literature that contradicts what's being taught will certainly get one accused of apostasy.

"Move with Jehovah's chariot", a step behind or ahead is wrong. This and the Proverb text that talks about the path becoming clearer are golden commentary for JWs and what keeps so many in the fold.

DY

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    jwleaks - "I received a reply to stop sending apostate videos."

Yup, "they're just put out there by opposers to make the Organization look bad!"...

...y'know... like the Sparlock cartoon. :smirk:

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Doubtfully Yours - "...pointing out/bringing out any old literature that contradicts what's being taught will certainly get one accused of apostasy."

Is it just me, or does anyone else get the feeling that we're long past the point where the sheer volume of things that constitute "apostasy" are outnumbering the things that don't?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit