WE HAVE THE POWER TO CAUSE CHANGE

by SHUNNED FATHER 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• SHUNNED FATHER
    SHUNNED FATHER

This is in reply to NIGHT WARRIOR's comments earlier. I agree with you. Change can be and has to be done. Every day the WTS is ruining peoples lives, destroying families, killing children, and spreading their propaganda like a desease. We have the power to do something about it. Down thru history people have caused dramatic changes . Most changes in history are the result of the efforts of individuals and groups thereof. Think of unions, class action suits, revolutions, visionaries. In many of these cases an individual rose to the occasion and took a stand. We have the moral responsibility to act NOW. Each day the body count rises. Each day innocent children are martyred for a religious cause.We need to brainstorm and come up with ideas as a group and then decide which ideas may work and act on them. Up until now it has been individuals fighting against the WTS. If hundreds, thousands of victims joined forces it would make all the difference. The world would sit up and take notice. The media coverage would be phenomenal. If each person donated $100 there would be enough money to do several law suits. There is enough evidence to sue the WTS and charge their legal department with profesional misconduct, obstruction of justice and witness tampering. Some of these criminals would go to jail. We could take this to the Supreme Court, the World Court. I would be happy to put up the first $100 dollars and even if we lost the court cases, I would be gratefull to have had the chance to TRY and make a difference, to TRY and save lives.
    Most victims spend thier energy and time complaining. Instead we need to get focused ,united, organized and make things happen. Anything is POSSIBLE. Maybe some of us will be able to be awarded some financial compensation for our own suffering or at least have the satisfaction of helping others, saving lives and doing what is right and moral. Any bad publicity the WTS gets will do them damage and warn potential victims. They may loose there tax free status etc,. Who knows what is possible. We will not know until we try. The real CRIME is if we do NOTHING. Please contact me.
    Lawrence Hughes www.watchtower-victims.org or
    [email protected]

• mouthy
    mouthy

I would be willing to help.The only thing is the WT has so many billions of bucks- that they can keep postponing & postponing the cases that take them on-I know several that have tried it-& gone broke .I do know that you of all people would want justice- But Even with all of us on board giving a $100-It still wouldnt be enough in my opinion. Lets ask the "lawyers" on board what do they think?????

• gumby
    gumby

Instead we need to get focused ,united, organized and make things happen.

Hi Shunned Father,

Efforts.....have been made and are being made to expose the W.T.

Many here who follow this forum know of the various efforts I am speaking of that have and are being done.

Letters are sent to the media, and to organisations the W.T. denounces, letters are sent to bethel, the media is publishing what is being revealed to them, television shows are exposing them, silentlambs is working overtime, lawsuits are being filed by the thousands and ex-jw forums/websites exist by the hundreds. Books are published by author after author exposing them.

What specifically do you propose can be done that would top these things?

Gumby

• Stan Conroy
    Stan Conroy

"Every day the WTS is ruining peoples lives, destroying families, killing children, and spreading their propaganda like a desease."

Write a letter to George W. Maybe when he's done with Iraq he can send his troops to Brooklyn.

• happysunshine
    happysunshine

Good points S.F.! It seems like theres a lot of waffling around with X's, myself being guilty of this too. I guess a lot of it is done in the name of moderation. But I'm starting to feel like more drastic action is required for any tangible progress to be made against the WTS and in our personal lives.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

ADVERTISE, ADVERTISE, ADVERTISE!

Outaservice

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

Shunned Father,

I left the WT in 1989. I have placed hundreds of ads in the local papers including letters to the editor, and for over 4 years had ads running on the local cable TV channel that reaches over 21,000 homes exposing the WTBTS and the damage done by this organization. I have given away several books and tapes including thousands of tracts and pamphlets.

The dollar amount does not even come close to the time I have given to helping people understand what the WT is really about and how deceitful it is.

Many will give lip service as to exposing the WT but when the time comes to actually giving their time and money to a cause that you speak of, very few actually stand forward and be counted. I believe the WT will always be in existance because their will always be people that need some sort of a crutch to lean on because they are incapapble of dealing with life in a logical and realistic manner.

Individual efforts can help many. As you said, WE HAVE THE POWER TO CAUSE CHANGE.

The one big problem I have experienced is that most people do not listen until the WT affects them in some negative way.

Scorpion

• Robotnomore
    Robotnomore

Dear Shunned Father,

I agree with you 100% I think a good way to begin with would be to start trying to reach people who are only studying or who are return visits. I was not given any choice, since I was raised a witness,I never would have thought my own mother could or would join an organization without knowing its history or who the founders were, what their former teachings were, if any of their interpretations of the Bible had come true. It is so unbelievable to think that all these years we have been such suckers, the Wtbts has kept all their false religion and society so secret for so long by fear, lies and manipulations its time to expose all of their past,all of their rules,how they have the right to change their teachings like they change their shoes to match whatever the situation calls for. I have found that JW,s are so brainwashed its very hard for them to change ,but if people could be reached before being baptized or before the Witnesses could get a grip on them, it would be alot easier for them to escape from these vipers.

• SHUNNED FATHER
    SHUNNED FATHER

Thankyou for your possitve feedback. What I have in mind is a series of law suits, some Mass Action, some to lay criminal charges. The media coverage would be ongoing, relentless and international. It would be on the news channels, newspapers, Dateline, Fifth Estate etc. All this bad media coverage would warn many and prevent alot of suffering. It should also weaken the WTS. Perhaps along with other tactics combined may pressure governments to investigate the WTS and remove their tax free status. A law firm who specializes in Class Action Suits informed me that this media coverage will reach many other victims who will want to join. It is like a snow ball effect. I have contacts with the media all over and they all told me to contact them when the law suit begins. They said it would be major news. I appreciate your ideas. Keep them coming.

SHUNNED FATHER

• JamesThomas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit