2018 Memorial and Special Talk Speculation

by SplaneThisToMe 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

I find myself in unframiler territory.... i agree with everything slim said. Theres no way they change the teaching. Why would they? They can do or say anything they want and jdubs will simply go along wit it. There is no impetus or any need whatsoever to change it. Move along. Nothing to see here.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The WBT$ seem too stuck in their ways to even bother to mention much about it. Imagine if every jobo was to drink the vinegar and nibble the crackers, why, they'd have to use funds for those items that the GB want in their paedo protection fund.

I see the WBT$ as being too indifferent to give a monkey's cuss about doctrine......unless they can protect perverts with it.

.........and since when did the WBT$ ever care about what scriptures really mean in context?

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

It will be the same old drab talk. But now it will be given by the GB, so people will hype it and afterwards say it was so encouraging. To the people outside it will look like that Apple commercial where it depicts 1984 and hopefully someone will throw a chair through the screen somewhere.

They have already demoted Jesus as being equal to them and no JW noticed, perhaps they will now say that the rule of the 144k in the Kingdom of Heaven will be as equals to Jehovah himself. Nobody will catch onto it at first and then a couple of years later, JWs will just talk about it as if they’ve always believed in that.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Anony Mous: It will be the same old drab talk. But now it will be given by the GB

Unlikely to be GB.

Most congregations will view a talk that has been prerecorded by the branch office, and in many cases, given by a member of the Branch Committee.

Since the speaker in the video recording will demonstrate how to develop an outline and effectively teach from it, each elder and ministerial servant who serves as a public speaker should carefully review the special talk outline, the Ministry School book, pages 52-55, and Reminders for Those Assigned Public Talks (S-141) before the talk is presented in the congregation.

See:

Letter September 18, 2017 TO ALL CONGREGATIONS Re: 2018 Memorial and Special Talk

https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/70w5sm/september_18_2017_to_all_congregations_re_2018/

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    Does anyone else think that this will be an opportunity for the organization to turn the hose on the 144,000 doctrine either saying that everyone should partake or that only the Governing Body can partake or something else along those lines?

NO that's not going to happen!
    Dont be silly.

• waton
    waton
    Anony Mouse:They have already demoted Jesus as being equal to them and no JW noticed,

details please? wanting to read wt tealeaves with you!

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

In the voice of Ant. Mo. III

"Who Really Is Jesus Christ?"

'Well, brothers, I know that the Chariot is moving lightning-fast these days, but please try to keep pace. By the way, you there, brother in the tight pants - it must be awfully difficult to run this race and keep up with the chariot wearing pants like that. Now where was I? Oh yes, you're in for a treat today brothers and sisters. Today you're going the next grade level of the Highest Learning(tm) acadamy when you see what we've go in store for you!

Yes so our theme is 'Who Really Is Jesus Christ?' And boy I just can't hold it back any longer, this light is just too bright not to share with you all right this second: Yes, it turns out after much prayerful consideration, Jehovah has made it quite clear to us that WE(!), yes, the entire Governing Body, are, in fact, a composite Jesus Christ! So now, when you think back on this special talk and it's title, you can proudly proclaim the answer to the question "Who Really Is Jesus Christ" - The Governing Body Really Is Jesus Christ! (confused applause from the crowds)

With this new light, thank Jehovah, we find that while it was just fine all the while, to end our prayers with the words "in Jesus name" or something similar - now, brothers, and when I say this, please try to keep up with the chariot everyone, no-one wants to be left behind, right? Now we used to end our prayers that way but going forward, we can show our faith in the composite Jesus Christ by ending our prayers with the words "in the name of the Governing Body" or you can even use our personal names - just please make sure to include each of us by name. If you do this and if your prayer is in harmony with God's will, there can be no doubt that Jehovah God - the Sovereign of the Universe(!) - will hear your prayer! (clapping - assumes audience is also clapping)

• The Big Machine
    The Big Machine

It is strange that this year it's before the Memorial rather than after like it always has been in the past. They usually invite everyone to the Special Talk at the end of the Memorial.

It's probably nothing, but it's still strange that they're having it before the Memorial.

• AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

Thanks MrRoboto. Now I can't get his stupid voice out of my head! Nooooooooo....

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

The Big Machine: It is strange that this year it's before the Memorial rather than after like it always has been in the past.

No. They've had the Special Talk before the Memorial in the past quite a number of times.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit