Video of my stand up comedy

by usualusername1 15 Replies latest jw friends

• usualusername1
    usualusername1

One part of me is petrified of showing this video. on the one hand my comedy is not very funny yet. I also have not let people know who I am.

On the other hand this website has been the most important even after attempting suicide.

Ladies and gents I give you my stand up comedy routine.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10211223943093218&id=1197882608

Paul Pennant

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Paul: Not bad,funny.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Hello Paul. The opening joke about how your wife lost her virginity caught me off guard and was very funny!

Listening to more now.

• Funchback
    Funchback

I likes...I likes

• steve2
    steve2

Man, it takes courage to stand up there and put yourself on the line. So, good on you. Take on board any feedback you can get and work hard on getting better with your delivery.

Full marks for your jokes which are really funny - however, your current delivery style let's them down and you then move on to the next part before the punchline registers. Your delivery is a bit too rushed and as such lacks pacing. Perhaps a case of nerves?

I think you'll get better and better the more you do this. You'll be able to do away with the notes and build your standup into more of a coherent "story" that builds momentum.

• Listener
    Listener

That was good Paul and thanks for sharing.

You've got the beginnings of a great stage presence. I can see you are nervous, more so during the first half and practice will help overcome that. It comes as no surprise that even the best comedians repeat their show over and over, just with a new audience.

Just trying to tell a joke to a group of friends is really hard. In comparison you have done an amazing job. You're onto something and have the talent.

I loved the part where the audience was laughing at who knows what and you said you must be better than you thought.

• JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher

Great job! Follow your dream, man.

You have a very likable and relate-able demeanor which is as important (or more so, perhaps) than "joke-telling skill," which will come, as you note, with time.

Sincere best wishes.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I wonder of you can place the video in other place than FB. I'm not on FB and would love to see it.

• gerry
    gerry

yep you are better than you thought..!

going by what you said that probably went off better than your wedding night.

noticed the sign comedy virgins

likewise you can be confident every thing becomes more natural with your comedy gig

yep it was funny Paul, and boy I bet you will come up with some more great material

keep us updated .. good luck, watch those sneezes and no clinking glasses in celebration

• Onager
    Onager

You're a better man than me. I couldn't do that in a million years!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit