Do Jehovah's Witnesses eat Blood Oranges?

by Elsewhere 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I came across some interesting oranges at the store the other day: Blood Oranges.

The outside is orange with large red patches, the inside is a deep red... it could also be described as a grape color.

I tried them and discovered that they don't have much of an "orange" taste at all. I would say that eating one is more like eating a black-berry that happens to be shaped like an orange.

• Matty
    Matty

Yes, they're yummy, and as far as I know they are kosher too! They aren't as common as they used to be over here in the UK - I haven't had one for many years.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Sure do they are good!!

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

It's okay for JWs to eat blood oranges as long as they squeeze the juice out first.

New Light has revealed that although the juice may not be drunk, it may be spun in a centrifuge and broken down into components (pulp, water, sugar, et cetera) which may be enjoyed separately with a clean conscience!

:)

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

LMAO @ Megadude. Good one.

• BadJerry
    BadJerry

good one, Some may not eat it because it has the word Blood in front, it's a fruit for cryin out loud.

One more thing I could never understand is if they weren't to eat blood why can they chow down on a rare steak with the blood juices just a oozing out.

from imanaliento

• outnfree
    outnfree

I was already LOL at the topic and now I'm ROFL at Jerry's analogy.

Blood oranges are yummy (but I don't think they taste like blackberries?) !!!!!!

out

• mouthy
    mouthy

Mega your a scream!!

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

Megadude,

Touché!

Gamaliel

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

I think jw's would not be allowed to eat blood oranges.

Except in Bulgaria, of course, where it then becomes a matter of conscience.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit