CO Pet Peeves, and cowering eldubs & others!

by DwainBowman 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

I have seen many over the years. A new co comes to town, and during, after or just before his next visit, often little pointless things change, sometimes big ones! And most of the time, there is no to very little of anything in the wt or bible to justify it.

The one that popped to mind while reading another post is this one!

Back when everyone still had magazine slots, the new co, had issues with them, because, some peons didn't pick up their stuff on time, and he felt it looked bad. That changed before the second meeting. After his last visit, the individual slots were all back, before the next meeting!

There are untold numbers of these things, and they rang from just funny, to totally assanin!

Dwain

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The CO is invited out to lunch, supper at the rank and file houses during the visit. I have observed and heard on many, many occasions he would criticise the brother/sister for having too big of TV, too much of a big and fancy house, too many vehicles.

That's just like rubbing sand paper over your nerves.

• freddo
    freddo

About 20 years ago I worked with "brothers" secularly. One of the partners was the PO of his congregation. I was a new elder in my congregation and we were both in the same circuit.

We were discussing what the new circuit overseer was like and as he had previously visited the congregation of the other brother he dished the low down. Apparently he had a thing about videos and DVD's that brothers had and would comment or counsel or get elders to visit those who had "unsuitable" videos in their collection.

I laughed because this brother had been to see "Silence of the Lambs" and I asked him what he was going to do about his own collection.

His response was priceless. "I'm not having him round MY house nosing through MY videos and DVD's!"

Although he is still a jw he resigned as an elder about ten years ago.

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

One DO serving in the south years ago, was doing the Host cong visit thing. The PO takes him out to the sisters place where he's to stay. (Very poor area) I would named names. but I won't, I will say this single German brother, wore lot's of gold, and extremely watches, and suite's. I spent three days working with him once) Anyway, he walks in looks around at this poor sisters little house, and turns for the door, saying, "THIS WILL NOT DO!!!) And leaves this poor little old sister crying her eyes out!!!! The PO get's out side as the DO spins out of the driveway. He drove to the nearest big city and rents the most costly room in town, and turns the bill over to the CO at the end of the week!!!!

Dwain

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

My brother in law eldub, has all of his DVD, cable box, Roku, all set up in a small locked room. Along with his movie collection. He had problems in the past with CO & other eldubs snooping around, and trying to cause trouble. He has movies I never wanted to watch, even now!!!!

Dwain

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    CO's and DO's(formerly) really thought they were special people. Didn't they? Well most of them.
  • wifibandit
    wifibandit

At Bethel, we used to keep the DVD's and CD's in locked cases or boxes. I kept them in my locked car trunk!

Then came iPods and smart phones that lock. Who knows what movies or music you have on your encrypted and locked laptop?! (not to mention Netflix or Torrents via VPN)

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

iPods and smart phones!!! No more worrying about hiding things.

Watch whatever you want!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit